Dredly in Limerick??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by 'SIN'ERGY, May 7, 2007.

1. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Were you there yesterday??

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Nope, I couldn't make it. At the last minute my dad got stuck driving to NJ to fix a downed medical system and I caught a bit of hell from the wife for being gone on a week long partying binge while she was home with the baby.

So instead I got some stuff done around the house, bought a new grill and we did a nice cookout.

Sorry I couldn't make it, the first sunday in June looks promising though, I don't have any more travel planned and I have plenty of planning time.

btw - are you hitting the R-100 with us?

3. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

R-100 Doubtful.

Me and Bowtecher went to Limerick lookin for you yesterday. First time we shot Limerick, was very nice. Saw JaY Are running the novelty. That Moose they got was pretty cool, had it out there a country mile.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Sweet. Why aren't you guys gonna make the haul for the R100? Scared of Bowman beating ya? (cause noone can be worried about me winning).

I'm definitely going to be at the Limerick shoot on 6/2 barring any unforeseen crap coming up so if you guys want I'll meet up with you there and you can see how badly I suck

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Gotta work that weekend of R100.

If you come in June we'll try to pair up with Jay Are. Gotta watch for Bowtecher though he tore it up yesterday shot like 308 for 30 targets.

6. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Jay Are, you guys have a nice club there, put up a nice course. We got a good laugh at the amount of arrows stuck in the trees around the baboon in the air shot. We counted at least 6.

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Thanks! --- It takes time to set-up a good 3D course, we have a good group of guys over there that know that its more than just throwing out 30 random animals. We spend alot of time setting things up - so the course looks good, targets are placed well and is layed out the safest way possible.

8. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

The 1st target was cool-- wolf standing over a bloodied up deer decoy. Lots of real life shot scenarios. The moose was a long way out(probably a little further than class yardage) but who's countin? Or maybe I just suck at yardage, that's probably what it was. We were really lookin forward to seein that moose and were slighty disappointed in how it looked,as far as detail up close. Bedded Elk was really neat too!!

Don't really know the layout of your land, hope there is a lot of property behind that Baboon shot, 6 arrows in the tree, how many complete misses??:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Sucks that I missed it. Next time I'll be there

10. ELITE STATUS

ELITE STATUS Junior Member

Hey BOWTECHER what was your score from Sat at the Delaware State CHAMPIONSHIP??????? I saw that 308 post and was just wondering???

11. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

I shot 270, had some equipment problems--- no, not my limbs !!:doh:

12. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Glad you guys liked the shoot. Jay Are made that bloody carcass thing. He was waiting for a chance to put it out. He put the "Drinking Doe and Alert Buck " setup in too. The Moose was at 67 yards from Pro, 50 from Hunter. On Saturday after setting up I put the first hole in it from Pro, a "12" and so the next shooter did the same thing from Hunter. It was out pretty far, but it is the size of a barn door. Range estimation doesn't stop at 50 yards, right? The Bedded Elk (great target!) was at 50 from Pro, and all the others were less. I put a climber on the trees behind the aireal target a few years ago and pulled over 50 arrows out. Lately the lines were such the misses often don't hit the trees behind. I was in the last group through on Sunday and the baboon was hanging upside down! Must have bounced out. We shot it anyway. Gotta take them as you find them. Sometimes we put a cougar, or a bear up there.
    Glad you guys who made it enjoyed the shoot, and we hope to see you again soon.

Last edited: May 7, 2007