Drenalin

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ridgewalker243, Dec 12, 2006.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Any Body heard anything about Mathews new bow Drenalin and what kind of price tag it has on it???

2. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

New Mathews

I shot one at the Archers spot in Bloomfield In last week. Nice boe, but I wouldn't put it over the new Hoyt Vectrix. I think the price was comparable at around $725 but don't hold me to that

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Last week when I was at the Archers Spot he had $659 on them.

4. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

I bought one

I have shot both the vectrix and the drenaline there is a drenaline in my house right now.. there smoother and faster then the vectrix and alot lighter.. And this is coming from a old hoyt person.. I just had the trykon...

5. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Thanks Frank. I think we were there at the samr time but I had brain drain and couldn't remember what the actual price was. Still like the Vectrix over the Drenalin but its different strokes for everybody. Won't be long and I'll probably be trading in the trykon. Although I've been thinkin about just doing a possible cam and cable change. From what I can see, that's the only difference between the two. Depends on the cost of the refit. BTW, I priced a new set of limbs for my Apex 7. Mine are 60-70's and I'd like to get 50-60's. $185 per limb. A little bit pricey, so if ya know of anybody wanting to make a trade, let me know. later

6. BowhuntnHoosier

I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya Dale. That Vectrix is an awesome bow I agree with you totally different from the Trykon. Keep us updated on the refit or if you trade in on a Vectrix.:peace: I think an STS would improve the Drenalin, taking away the little handshock which is the only thing I was'nt happy with but with a lighter bow you will have that.

7. Josh

Josh Junior Member

I got my Drenalin at a hole-in-the-wall bow shop in McCrory, Arkansas for $649. Excellent dealer.

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I have shot the drenalin and it is very smooth and nice. I personally don't think that it is worth more than the origional switchback though. I really don't feel that much difference in the shot from the Drenalin to the XT. Call me wierd but I could tell a difference between the origional and the XT and my thoughts were that the Origional is better.

P.S. Hkdrflife I have the Trykon XL and I already ordered the vector cams and a new winners choice string for it, not sure how long it will take to get them in but I will let y'all know how it goes when I get them.:biggrin1:

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I agree with you radar. I am shooting the original switchback and was thinking about trading it in for the vectrix, drenalin, or guardian. After shooting all three I decided to keep my switchback and put new strings and cables on it. If I was going to buy a new one it would be the hoyt. Didn't notice much of a difference with the drenalin from my switchback. I liked the way the guardian shot but it makes me nervous with the new design and maybe having problems down the road. Just my opinion, but I liked the way it shot.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have a feeling that the Drenalin is not going to be a so called "hot seller"

You will not see as many Drenalins purchaced as you saw switchbacks or Switchback XT's.....you see at the time these 2 bows were released for what ever reason there were alot of people looking to upgrade......they have upgraded and it will be a while till they do so again......

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I agree with BOWMAN, I also think that you won't see people running out to get them. I was up at the club the other day and the shop owner had the shop drenalin hanging out in the range and I started shooting it. When I was done we were talking about it and there was a guy in the shop there that stopped in to see if his Drenalin was in yet. He overheard me talking and kinda asked.....so you don't like the Drenalin? I told him that I really don't think there is that much difference between the them and the SB, SB XT. I have shot it a couple times still trying to find out what Mathews thinks is so special......And of course I had to tell him that I hate the GRIP. Maybe someday the engineers will get that right. But back to the topic, He said that he could'nt tell the difference between them so since he was buying a new bow he was gonna buy the newest thing out there. I believe it is a really nice bow, but Mathews has set the bar so high for themselves with the SB , SB XT that they made it more difficult for themselves to top. Personally I think they got it right with the first SB.

12. On the contrary. Opening days sales (orders) of the Drenalin were more than those of both the Switchback, and the XT, on their openers.....

Orders are coming in faster than they predicted, creating a waiting period.

The Drenalin is one sweet bow - can't wait to get mine!:amen: :rockon:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

I have seen several Drenalins being sold around here from a few different dealers. They are very nice bows but I just like my XT more, personal feel.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where I work ina shop part time and he may have sold 1!

Xts are still selling like hot cakes....

what do you know your from the wrong side of the pond:biggrin1: .....theres a reason the ticks have all moved to dutchess.....it cleaner over there.....:biggrin1:

the waiting period is because they are comming up w/limb improvements....
    limb pocket improvements and

pa....improvements....this one I know for a fact.....

why would they improve on a limb that is so good now......

15. mlviper35

mlviper35 Member

I shot the dreny when I was looking for my second bow. I do not think it's that much different then my SB. I am with BOWMAN, do not think its going to make the big splash like the SB & SBxt. I chose the Vectrix over the Dreny, its on order.

Sorry,

Matt

16. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I shot both and still prefer my switchback

17. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I agree with you slamdam, although I am starting to get the tickle to switch my switchback and switcback to hoyt. I don't know what to do.

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Boy say that 3 times fast...:pound:

19. Josh

Josh Junior Member

I bought the Drenalin because I had a 2001 Q2 and it was time to upgrade. Since there wasn't much difference in the XT and the Drenalin I bought it. They wouldn't come out with a suckier bow than the last one they introduced. I'm a Mathews man period and that's why I bought the Drenalin.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so they pay you to shoot for them or to adverties for them???
    and if alpine came out with a great bow and you liked the way it shot and felt in your hand, you wouldnt buy it because it was not a mathews????

I dont shoot hoyt as I prefer the feel of a single came.....
    also I prefer a solid limb....
    and also because of the less than steller dealers
    I dont shoot bowtech right now because of the local dealer....
    I dont shoot PSE because there is no proshop in the area that carries them...
    I dont shoot a Ross again because of the crappy local dealer....
    Alpine has a terrible grip in my opinion.....

these are reasons for not shooting other companies at this point for me....
    now if anyone comes out w/something that is an IMPROVEMENT over my current setup and I have the funds, I will purchase that product....
    but to make a decision to ignore everything that is not Mathews?????

not trying to upset anyone just a thought I had....