Drop away rest?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thehairlessone!, Dec 17, 2007.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

What do you guys think of these things? I know alot of people swear by them including some of my hunting buddies.

I finally broke down and got one. I wont mention the name. The other day I put it on and went outside to shoot it and on the 5th shot the launcher arm broke and part of it went flying.

That sure didnt give me much confidence in them to be honest! LOL!

I dont know if I want to mess with them or not now. I might just put my bisquit on and be done with it. I mainly just shoot for fun or bowhunting anyways.

rick

2. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

I use a modified whisker biscuit for hunting.I use a TT drop for everything else. A drop away set up right is the most accurate rest type available. What make and model drop did you break?

3. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I have a Limbdriver on my Tribute, I've used dropaways for the last few years, some better than others.

In my opinion the Limbdriver is the best I've used. Easy to set up, simple design, no pressure on the cables.

That being said, I now have my Guardian which I planned to the put the LImbdriver on after hunting season. While I'm waiting I put my Bodoodle Gamedropper on it. One adjustment and it shoots perfect through paper.

As it stands now it'll being staying on the bow after season.

4. Huya

Huya Senior Member

You either bought a cheap drop away, You didn't have anything on the shelf where the forks hit to quiet and soften the drop, or you didn't have it set up right. If it wasn't timed to where the forks only come up at the last inch or inch and a half of draw, your arrow fletchings would hit when fired. If you want to go with a drop down, which IMO is the best there is for arrow rest, Then you should invest in may a QAD Ultra Pro series. Easy set up. easiest to time. many features including locking the forks in the up position until firing.

5. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

DENS228 what fletch do you use with your limb driver? I have one on my Diamond Black Ice and cant get total vain clearance with my blazers. The rest is a good design. Just want vain clearance. I want to stay with short vains. I have new arrows on the way trying to figure what vain to use.

Mo.Hick

6. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

its not the rest...its the vanes. refletch to Bohning X-vanes or Dura vanes.

7. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I'm using Blazers, **** vane up. No problems.

8. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I just bought a QAD Ultra Rest Pro with my General and so far i am very pleased with it. This would be my first drop away ever. I am still tuning on the new bow but so far i have zero issues with the rest and/or vane clearance shooting my blazers.

9. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Qad!

I use a QAD hunter rest and i just didnt see anything else better for hunting that is...........maybe the rip cord!......................:peace:

10. thehairlessone!

I didnt have a pad on the shelf to catch it. That is the only thing I could think of. I wanted to make sure I liked it before I put that on.

It wasnt a cheap rest and it is one of the well known companies. I might give it another whirl when the part comes in. If I have any more troubles the bisquit will be right back on

rick

11. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

this isnt like the AT forum...you can actually tell the brand and model and NOT be banned.

12. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:laugh: :laugh: I love the drop aways..I've used the cobra diamond backs since they came out and never had a single issue.Quiet,smooth with micro adjustments...for the money i love that rest...lot of good rests on the market though.

13. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

I use a Trophy Taker on my bow. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

14. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I use Trophy Taker on everything. hunting and tourneys. I had a Nap Drop away do that once too.

15. thehairlessone!

That isnt why I dont want to post it. I want to give them a chance to make it right with me before I say anything about who it was. If they dont treat me right or if I have any more concerns then I might mention it.

I dont feel it has any real bearing on the thread as of now

rick

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I am a very big fan of the WB. Earlier this year though I decided to try a Drop away. Went with a Ripcord because it is a containment rest. I love it. But the WB is much easier to setup and tune. I shoot a TT on my target bow and it is nice also but it does not have the containment ability I like for hunting.:peace:

17. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I use the limb driver on my guardian and think it's great. No problem with it at all. My only issue was with the Guardian itself was the fact that the arrow rest shelf is curved and couldn't find an arrow holder that worked on it. Had to fabricate one myself.

18. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I ahve used a Trophy taker for the past two years and love it. I have had zero problems with it and i dont see the need for full containment unless your hanging upside down and if thats the case you got a whole lot bigger problem:laugh:

19. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

Use the one that came with the rest. Trim the bottom corners off to round it off and it fits great.

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Boys these rest ain't new we ahd the ol Banner rests in the mid 80's they worked of of schock
    i still got one
    i use a lizard tounge and never have any issues.