Drop Away Rest?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wheeler70, Aug 9, 2008.

1. wheeler70

wheeler70 New Member

I recently had a Trophy Taker drop away rest put on my bow. Though my arrows are flying good the felt on the rest was being hit by my bottom fletching and it eventually the felt totally got rubbed off of the rest. Any ideas on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

2. Michael_Swisher

Michael_Swisher New Member

try and scrape it off with a execto knife. Then go to a fabric store and buy some camo felt and super glue it to your bow. Thats something i would do. :nod:

3. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

What Trophy Taker did you buy that already had felt on it? Just scrape off the old, and put some new on, its an easy fix. It also sounds like you need to shorten the cord, its dropping too slow.:cool:

4. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i would have it paper tuned, i have a trophy taker and had the same problem but paper tuning completely fixed it

5. Captain19

Captain19 Grim Reaper of the Foam

I would agree that you should have it paper tuned. Most likely your nock point is high causing your arrow to kick "nock low". Some other less likely things to check are the launcher bar, make sure it is moving freely and not hangin up. The other thing is the rest cord is not correctly positioned for timing.Thats all I can think of that could cause that.