Drop Away Rests

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Bustn Noks, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

Hello to all. I'm new to the forum, and glad I found it. Looking for some, experience based opinions on drop away rests.

I will not use for hunting but for 3-d and indoor target.
    I shoot Hoyt so it needs to fit that riser.
    Quality, looks good, solid, secure attachment, set screws and other bolts of sufficent size.
    Speed of drop, easy to adjust windage and elevation,.
    the list goes on.
    Looking for the scoop instead of the expensive trial and sale method.
    All replies are appreciated.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait and see what the offerings are this year......if nothing better comes out than my cooper johns Scardey cat.....it will be staying on my switchback for another year......

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

:welcome: First of all welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it. My son shoots a Hoyt and he uses a quick tune 2000 drop away. he uses it for 3D and hunting. He has had good luck with it and likes it very much. He used to use should I say it a whisker bisquit:tape: . Did not like and went with the quick tune. Hope this helps.

Mo.Hick

4. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

Let me know if you see something. I will have to hit 20, 3-D shoots before I see the new stuff. Dealers in my area carry so little in stock, usually first sightings are on someone elses bow.

Hows does that scardey cat perform?

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

simply flawless......

been on since the bow was new and I would have to say there are literally 10's of thousands of shots on this setup, w/no adjustment needed......

6. Grady

Grady Junior Member

Rests

I just bought a new Hoyt Vectrix and put a Ripcord drop away on it. I love it. I was previously shooting a whisker biscuit, but this thing is great.

7. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

Run it through the gauntlet and let me know how it held up.

8. hitman846

hitman846 Non Camper

The Trophy Taker line has worked well for me!

9. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

I have used the Trophy Taker. Very good rest, holds up well, easy to set up and tune. If we were scoreing it would get a good score. It's about time for them to make a substantial change in design so that they can hold on to their piece of the market.

Thanks

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I love my Trophy Ridge drop. its excellent and performs VERY well.

11. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

i have a trophy taker prong horn, one of the best rests ive ever used im my opinion