Drop rests

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BERT, Aug 16, 2005.

1. BERT

BERT Junior Member

I am looking for a good drop rest. I shoot a mathews LX and am looking for a good drop rest that works with the cable guards. I am also new to the site any help would be awesome
    Bert

2. glenny

glenny Senior Member

It really depends on what you are shooting.

I would recommend a few,
    I use a trophy taker dropaway,for 3d and hunting.
    Someguys do not draw back a bow every other day and would not feel comfortable with a rest with a small head or shelf on it for hunting.
    I know that arrows you use can even determine what rest is best for the bow.
    Tell us what your intentions are?3d,spots,feild,hunting,just two of them?and the arrows you are shooting and maybe I could give you a better idea of what rest I think might work for you.

3. BERT

BERT Junior Member

Thanks

I shoot my hunting set up for all shoots that I enter. I shoot Gold tip 28" 55/'75 carbon arrows with 100 grain field tips. for Broadheads I shoot G5 Montech. I am not sure if pull wieght would help but I pull 70 pounds. The reason I am switching rest is I am switching fletchings to the quickspin fletchings and the veins hit the rest.

4. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Bert, you can rotate the nock to adjust the arrow so that the vanes do not strike the rest in most instances.

What rest are you using now?