Dual Cam Or Single Cam?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Ellothar121, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Single Cam, By Far!

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Single Cam, But Only By A Bit!

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Dual Cam, Hands Down!

20 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. Dual Cam, But Just Barely!

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I can't decide...

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Ellothar121

Ellothar121 Junior Member

At BOWMAN's request...

Is Dual Cam or Single Cam Better? You can't say Cam & 1/2!

Vote and Explain!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I like single cam better....

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I voted single cam by far. But my XT is the first single I have owned but I absolutely love the feel and ease of tuning with it so thats why I voted the way I did.:rockon:

4. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

2 cams for me, never owned a bow with 1, I wont pick the bow just because it has 1 or 2, dont care how may its got as long as i like it and it dose what i need it to....

5. Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson Junior Member

I had a chance to shoot the new Hoyt and the new Mathews (Dren) side by side recently and it confirmed what I suspected - I simply prefer the single cam. To me the wall is more solid with a single cam and I've grown accustomed to that feel. My first single cam was a PSE and I moved from there to a Mathews, but I've shot several singles and doubles (including cam and a half) since and always come to the same conclusion. That's me - you may be different - only way to know is to shoot them side-by-side.

6. Scablands

Scablands Member

I seem to like my dual cams more but I think it probably depends on the bow. My cougar mag. I love and shoot well but has a very spongy wall. My E-Force is rock solid and I really like that. I think it helps consistency from shot to shot but like I said I shoot both well. I used to shoot an XI Flatliner for years that had a horrible drop off into the valley but got used to it and killed several deer over the years.

7. tek

tek Senior Member

I've shot true dual cams for many years then went to single cams for 4 or 5 years. In 03 I went to cam 1/2s and this year I've sold my remaining single cam bow. They all work and work fine but I prefer duals or cam 1/2s.

8. swampbuck

swampbuck Junior Member

I've had all Four, true dual, cam and a half, single and binary cams. Liked them all but perfered either the single or binary cams best. I currently shoot Bowtechs binary cams and IMO they are the best out there. Solocams are very good to but you have to worry about string strech more with them because they have longer strings. I will stick with Bowtechs because of the binary cams which are smooth, very fast and quiet, until someone like Mathews starts using them. Then I'll have a hard time deciding which bow to own!

9. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Shot dualies for about 23 years. Then changed to single cams for about 7 years. Recently, due to better string materials and string manufacturing I've gone back to dualies. Singles are OK, but they bring their own maladies to the bows and subsequent tuning. Cam lean being my biggest issue and that extra long string that can creep more than the short one on dualies. Also, dualies just are more capable of being tweaked a bit and cam lean issues are nil. Plus, I just love being a free thinker and not giving in to all the hype. Anybody can give into the advertising and just follow the crowd.

10. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I like the ease of feel of a single cam like the Bowtech Solitare/Infinity cam or the Ross and Mathews cams but, I also enjoy the ripping speeds of a binary...just wish they felt a lil better on the draw.

11. muzzystruck25

muzzystruck25 Junior Member

you cant beat the ease and how smooth solocams are!:biggrin1:

12. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

2.5 are my newest choice. If you want to compare the Mathews solo to the modern Bowtec dually I would choose the dually . Like it or not Mathews is running out of new and improved marketing ideas with the slow cam.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when they stop selling come and talk to me.....how many total dartons were sold last year.....now how many Xt's......nuff said......

14. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

solo cam (i know i shoot a hoyt,but thats what i sell so thats what i shoot)but i think thr solo cam is esayer to tune.

15. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

That is why they keep adding dampners on :biggrin1:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Mdewitt71......cant be all that bad of a design as Ross copied it, almost to a T..Put a 334 next to a switchback or xt andtell me there isnt a stricking resemblance......and thats the bottem line cus I said so....

oh thats right then they copied hoyt and added a built in sts......

17. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I didn't say the design was bad........I have owned 3 Mathews in the past (just not a pink one) :biggrin1:

Not too mention Hoyt was not the origin of the built in STS..........in fact the STS is even a copy of a suppressor that came out in 1998.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you have not owned until you have owned pink:biggrin1:

and also never said that hoyt invented the sts......just the original built in sts was high was it not???

I was simply stating that they copied the built in sts in that location.....seems kinda funny to me.....

19. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I'm sure anything NOT Mathews seems kind of funny to you. :tape:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

please dont accuse if you do not know what you are talking about.....