Easton Cobalt Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by JSBeaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. JSBeaver

JSBeaver Junior Member

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I would like to take the Easton Cobalt arrows for a spin. However, I'm concerned about the grain weight of the points. I understand from several online articles that the points to fit these arrows can weight up to 230 grains. If so wouldn't that make the overall weight of this arrow extremely heavy.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

what are you going to use them for. Indoor target heavy and slow is the way to go. 3D not so much. The heavy tips you are speaking of are for indoors.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have only seen cobalts used for indoors. 20yards, sho it really will not matter. How heavy your arrow is. I am shooting 650gr 2219's right now and they have alot of arch in them out of my Ovation. But they are way overspined. So I am going to some Victory X-Ringers and try them out.

4. JSBeaver

JSBeaver Junior Member

Most of my shooting has been and probably will continue to be outdoor 3D. So if I'm understanding you correctly, since I shoot outdoors I should stay with my lighter arrows...

5. BowhuntnHoosier

Unless you are very good at judging unknown yardage I would. Faster arrow means less room for error. Remember though stay above the minimum 5 grains per pound arrow. Heck if you can judge yardage real good you could shoot 3D with 650gr arrows. GOOD LUCK and keep on posting this is some great info here.

6. JSBeaver

JSBeaver Junior Member

Not so good at judging yardage, on top of that I live in Texas. The wind here is a real pain in the butt sometimes.

Thank you for your input - you have probably saved me about $100.

Thanks again...

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Stick around we are very glad to help others out. And I am very sure you can help some of us out too. We all need to stick together the lawmakers are trying to take away alot of our hunting rights. KEEP POSTING :peace:

8. JSBeaver

JSBeaver Junior Member

I'm not a big hunter, however, I agree. We better stick together. I just read in the latest Bowhunting World where 100 Bowhunters had to go fight thier city council so they wouldn't ban bowhunting in thier community.

Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to shoot a bow...

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I shoot 2312's Colbalts for 3D.. at 350 grains - 100 Grain Nibbs for points - 280 FPS (63lb Bow)... I switched from Carbons to these last year and I like the way they shoot. I don't see myself switching anytime soon from these arrows.

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

The only draw back to Cobalts for 3D is others hitting you arrow and bending it. I set up 2 dozen Victory V3 400's for this years 3D

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Give them time..........they are working on it. They will not be happy until they have all our Guns,Bows,Knives,and slingshots.:doh:

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I don't have that problem, where my arrow ends up in the target is where you don't want to shoot it any ways!!!!:noidea: That's if I hit the target... :biggrin1:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

I can relate to this..............

14. JSBeaver

JSBeaver Junior Member

You mentioned the Victory V3's earlier. I have heard good things about those arrows. Do you get yours from a certain website.?. I can't seem to find a shop in the Dallas area that carries them.

15. BowhuntnHoosier

I have a local dealer just starting out. So I thought I'd see how they are. If you want to try them JCMORGAN31 is a dealer here.:peace:

16. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I got mine from JCMorgan as well....shooting fat shafts for 3D is good, as long as they are light. I still haven't setup the Victory arrows yet (due to my new 3D bow not getting here :frusty: :frusty: ), but I am using fatboys with my Allegiance @ 303 fps :rockon: