Elite Archery Yes or No

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by phillip, Jun 3, 2008.

1. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Im thinking of getting one of the new elite GTO bows. Have any of you guys ever used one or had any good or bad info on them?
    They seem to be super fast and no string noise at all.:noidea:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've never seen one in person.

3. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Elite bows are awesome....I have heard the new ones are even better than the GTO..GT500 and Z28. Contact JCMorgan on here...he is the local Elite Pimp daddy

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

He likes them well enough both he and his wife have them, he sold her Mystic. (he did keep his Scepter for indoors)

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Shot a buddies 60# GTO a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is.........:censored: sweet shoot'n bow!

I believe archie1983 is an Elite shooter, and proeliteshooter is a dealer. They will be able to tell you even more.

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

The Elite bows are vey nice bows. I would say their selling point is that they are very smooth to draw and yet very fast. Elite usese high quality materials and parts to build their bows. Limbs are Barnsdale, strings are G-5, they have a steel stabilizer threaded insert, stell barrel nut that the limbs screw into, a really nice grip.

If you are looking for a new bow, I would recommend the new GT500 or Z28.

Let me know if you have any other questions.... :thumb:

7. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Thanks for the info, Ill let every body know what i end up getting.:wave:

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

All I've heard about them was good, good, and more good.

I've shot 3-4 models, and I ain't touching one again cause I don't want to have to rob my kids' college funds. They are damn nice, no doubt. They look as sweet as they shoot. I joined Elite's web forum just so I could fake myself into thinking I own one. :peace:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

That Z28 looks pretty nice to me.:biggrin1:

10. phillip

phillip Hog wild

After all that Im going to get the GTO. It was a toss up between the new matthews or the elite. I think its elite hands down.:amen:

11. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Well I owned two Mathews previous to the GTO. No comparison, the GTO draws better, and outperforms Mathews even at lower poundages. (ie; 70# mathews vs. 60# Elite)

Whichever Elite you chose you cannot go wrong. I have also shot a Fire (briefly).. :amen:

12. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

you'll thank me later :rockon:

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The Elite GT 500 is 350 IBO with a 7-1/4" brace height ( I believe)...

That's some fire-breathing stuff right there.

Nobody around here sells them and I would never boy a bow I could not shoot first at a dealer or a friend's bow.

Elite is a no-namer around here, which might be a shame beacuse they seem to make some nice stuff...

Ron

14. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I got a great deal on a new in the box GTO and have had it for a couple of weeks. It is a great shooter, how the draw feels will depend on what you're used to and what you like.
    I've had Allegiance's, Iron Mace, Tribute, Guardian, for example, so the draw is fine for me.

Today we are having a mind boggling wind blowing outside so I decided to shoot it through the chrono.

It is set at 27.5 inches, 71 lbs.
    I have a peep, loop, and cat whiskers on the string.

390 grain arrow zipping along at 304 fps!

15. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Thanks slippy, I went today and picked up my new GTO.
    I think im in love. its still naked but im going to dress it over the weekend.
    If I could teach it to cook,clean,and all that good stuff I would not need the wife anymore, (hope she dont read this)....:lol: :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape:

16. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

they are very nice bows. I dont care for the draw cycle much myself

rick

17. nebling

nebling SCP4L

Well, I would say "YES" to Elite! :peace: :hug:

You should be able to get a heck of a deal on a GTO since it has become over-shadowed by the GT500 and Z28.

Also, depending on your specs, the Fire is a great option as well.

My 60# 28dl Fire is spittin' arrows at 319fps!!!:cool: :D

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Curious what the total arrow weight you have at that speed...

I was surprised that the GT500 can throw a 350 fps IBO arrow with a 7+" brace height.... That's out of the ordinary. My 82nd Airborne does that with about a 6-1/8" brace.... And with a speed mod that's pretty rough on the draw cycle in my opinion...

I read my first review on the Elite GT500 the other day and my interest continues to increase...

Thanks,

Ron

19. djmaxwe

djmaxwe Passing through

I had the GTO and now have the Z28 on order. They are very nice bows as stated above and the new bows that they have come out with are super quiet and smooth on the shat little to no vibration.

20. Bear Foot

Bear Foot do or do not

I Have A Gto And A Syn Xt Left

Give Me A Call
    810 223-7438

Bear Foot Archery