Epoxy recomendations for inserts.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by glenny, Jul 21, 2005.

1. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Anyone find any epoxy that is the bomb for precisely tuning broadheads and holding up in the cold conditions?
    I had some great plains stuff before and it worked alright....
    Any suggestions?

2. docsatterfield

docsatterfield Junior Member

Glue recommendations

I have been using Cyber 007, made by R.S. Archery Products, inc. for 2 years to set all bushing, points, inserts. 60-80 dozen arrows yearly. rarely does this glue fail in any condition. it is not an epoxy, so there is no mixing.

3. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Cyber 007

Where can I purchase this product?
    Can I get a web address.
    Maybe I will give it a whirl,
    What is the setting time to work with?

4. docsatterfield

docsatterfield Junior Member

cyber 007

www.rsbowvise.com/archery_products.htm is the web site. your local pro shop should be able to order it for you. if not the site list several folks you get purchase it from. i order mine from kinsey's wholesale.

unlike goat tough where you only have 3 to 5 seconds this product gives you between 20-30 seconds and after 5 minutes you are ready to shoot.

5. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Is 30 seconds enough time?

I use the G5 straitening(squaring) device on the shaft and then put my insert in and square that up.When I securely screw in the broadhead to the insert or 0 ring.I then spin the arrow to see how it is true.
    Usually,ever since I have used the squaring device this method works 9 times out of ten.
    If it don't, I guess I can just try and put a different broadhead in,or O-ring and see if it spins true then.
    I was thinking of just getting some slower epoxy to spin the broadhead and insert on the shaft.
    I wonder how to square up the insert without it being on the shaft before you glue it in?
    Hot Melt it and use a marker to line it up again maybe?