Field Archery, how are these scores?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bow-regard, Jun 4, 2004.

1. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

I haven't been shooting much. But this year wanted to get back into it.
    I shot a 257, 260 & 266. Are these considered decent or crappy scores?

What is considered a good score?

Thanks for any advice

2. 1 BO NUT

1 BO NUT Junior Member

Scores are actually pretty good. Are you a release or finger shooter and do you shoot scope or pins? When you consider that 280 is clean, that 266 is very respectable!

3. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

Release shooter and a 4x scope. Thanks for the information. My goal is to hit 270 over the next couple of weeks. I think it is doable.

I am considering a 6x scope because the dot on the 4x is pretty big on the long shots.

4. 1 BO NUT

1 BO NUT Junior Member

I shoot .7 diopter for field. lots of good shooters go with less power for outside. change the dot if it's to big. at my focal length, almost all of the NFAA targets just fit in the field of view of my scope, then I just have to center them up and not follow the dot some much. works especially well if you are shooting in low light or have to shoot into the sun late in the afternoon

5. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

.7 diopter? How does that relate to 2x, 4x, 6x?

6. 1 BO NUT

1 BO NUT Junior Member

The diopter is the way that the lenses are actually measured to to determine magnification. If you talk to a lens maker, he can explain it better than me. However, 2x, 4x, 6x are really very vague terms. What is really ciritcal is the focal length, distance from peep to lens, as to how much a lens will magnify. My focal length with 31 3/8 draw is 33.25 inches. My wifes with a 25" draw is something around 28". Her sight picture with a 1.0 diopter (8x) is the same that I have with a .7 diopter (6x). So just by moving your sight bar in and out, you can usually get the sight picture and magnification that you like. Personally, I like a little more magnifacation, but then I pull in the sight bar. The farther out the bar, the more movement you will see.
    Good luck!
    Paul

7. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

their ok.................:D

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wow and this one is almost 4 years old........you doing great this morning....:rockon:

9. Radar

Radar Story of my life

:bowl: :lol: :biggrin1: