Finally got my Ross Cardiac...........

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mdewitt71, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Thanks to the awesome people at Ross, my Lefty Cardiac was pushed up on the list due to my deployment to Iraq in Sept.
    I got it last week so I now have time to play with it before I head to the desert.
    I won't go into a full review of this bow, as it has been out for some time most people have shot one already or at least seen it.
    It was Christmas in August in this G.I.s 'hood.....coming home and running up the stairs to get it outta the box and onto my bow vise it went.......
    First the stabilizer/ wrist-sling, then the Hostage rest, Cobra Boomslang sight, and Ridgehunter Quiver......
    [​IMG]
    Got her all set and went to the garage to play-
    73 pounds/ 28.5 inch draw and 361 grain arrows-
    [​IMG]
    4 arrow shot group- 292,292, 291, 292......
    I then backed the limbs off one complete turn to 69 pounds and shot my Second 4 arrow group sinking nice and tight into my "well used" bag target from 15 yards.
    [​IMG]
    All four arrows (361 grains) registered 285 FPS at 69 pounds.
    Not too bad considering it's with a loop and Ross leaches on the string and a lil off time.
    I since then have timed the cam and set it up with a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest and G5 meta peep.
    [​IMG]
    The bow is now sitting at 70.5 pounds and is shooting the 361 grain Goldtips at 294 FPS and the 387 grain Goldtips at 282 FPS.
    Smooth pull as expected from a Ross and a few FPS faster than the others, this bow is a great addition to the Ross line and I now see why it is there #1 selling bow.

2. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

Mike,
    That looks really nice, good luck with it.
    Hey, and stay safe in Iraq, OK?

3. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

She's a beaut!!! Do you have access to archery equipment in Iraq? I've heard some have bows and ranges and stuff.

Be safe bro,

Ben

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I want to shoot one, maybe next week.....they look nice, I am not sure about the grips though......but I have really gotten used to my Prestige grip...:noidea:

5. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I have found that on the Ross grip you either Love it or Hate it.....

There is a CNC machining ridge line under the shelf and if you like to choke up on the bow grip, it will wear on your thumb pretty good.
    For me, my hand grip is nowhere near it, but others I have found don't like the feel of it.

6. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Awesome looking rig. I have never shot a Ross bow but that one looks sweet!

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Very nice!!!

8. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I've been thinking of one, I really should treat myself :biggrin1:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Nice bow. :thumb: :thumb: How do you like the boomslang?

10. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

The Boomslang is a great looking sight and built very tough. The AP camo is flawless and clear but, the .29 pins are so big, I had to take the sight off. :Cry:
    I am thinking they are actually over .30 in size, thwy are huge and cover the whole bullseye in a paper target past 20 yards.
    I wrote Cobra Archery telling them they need to put smaller .19 pins it it but they stated "maybe next year".

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very nice looking bow there. A real deer slayer. Stay safe my friend. And THANK YOU.:usa: