Finally!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am finally shooting x's again. I put the rubber back on my peep, made a few adjustments and started shooting x-rings again. I have a problem with seeing my cables in my peep, but I tried EVERYTHING (changing my grip, peep, rubber location,etc...) and finally decided, I will just have to live with it. I shoot pretty good even when the cables are blocking the view.

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

ummm your cables shouldnt be in your line of sight when looking though your peep, dose your bow have a cable guard on it that pulls the cables to the right side of the bow, ill bet if you can see your cables inline with your sight, your arrow must be close to them also???

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I hope you are still going to buy new strings and cables. You will be glad you did.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

uhhh yeah what he said! Sounds like this may have been the same issue you were having with the other peep but it had a smaller diameter hole to look through so all you saw were the cables.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hummm.... My cables are pretty far out of line of sight of the peep/sight window. Seeing your cables through your peep does not sound right, but then again, who knows since I've never shot an Alpine bow...

Ron

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

has to be a cable gaurd problem.....does the bow rattle at all??

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

My cousin ws shooting his Alpine bow this past fall in a 3D shoot. On one shot, his cable guard came flying out of the riser. They have a set screw on the side of the riser that holds the guard in place and it had came loose. Make sure yours is tight if it is made the same way...:peace:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

The cables have always been problem no matter what we do to it. And lots of guys have tried to help. If I remember right we have even put the cables on the other side of the bar and we have tried different sliders.

It doesn't rattle, everyone that has every stood by me when I shoot, can't believe how quiet it is.

The arrows are very close to the cables.

Maybe it is me torqueing the bow with my grip, but even last night I tried changing my grip every which way I could think of and unless I grip the bow tight and turn it, I can still see the cables, even if just slightly.

So here are a couple pics, what do you see?
    When Brent gets home I will have him take a few at full draw, maybe we can see if I am torquing it.?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

try closing your non-dominant eye... do you still see the cables? If you do it sounds like it may be a form issue

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe its eye dominance problem to start with.....are you sure your right eye dominant.......

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

its a little hard to tell but does your arrow hit your sight? It looks like the fletchings would hit the bottom of your sight on almost every shot? it may just be the angle though.

Your cables are pretty close to your string but not more then normal. You really shouldn't be seeing them I don't think. I'll look at my bow when I get home but when I'm at full draw I don't think I see them and I know for a fact that they don't get in my way.

13. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't think it hits the sight, but it is pretty close

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

So just a guess but....

1. Your peep cord may be pulling your cables over into your sight picture

2. Your sight and rest are very close to the riser. Are you sure that they are lined up correctly? (Those really cool laser levels help with this). If your sight is to close to your rest you won't be looking straight through the string (peep) you'll be looking at an angle.

3. Form related issues, you may be holding out away from your face causing you to look through at an angle

4. Eye dependency causing "double vision" in essence

5. your not actually seeing the cables, your seeing the peep cord

those are my guesses, take them for what they are worth

15. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Ok, I emailed Alpine and they said, I could send it to them and they would take a look at it. mmmmm?.....I am afraid this will take a very long time and I want to shoot on the 18th. :noidea: :frusty:

16. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You could possibly try to remove the cables from the slide and put them on the oppisite side that they are now on the gaurd, It looks like it needs to be over to the right more to me. Might have to get another gaurd that will allow more clearence. What I see from here>
    Or just shot with you eyes shut. :laugh: HS

17. Holy Smokes

Does the string split your the middle of your limsb? I try to get it to come over the U in the top center of the limb. For split limbs thr center of limbs> It could be a rest issue being in to far to the riser as the Great Guru , Dreadly,has noticed> HS

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Looks to me like you could also loosen the allen bolt holding your cable guard to your riser and rotate the cable guard to move it farther to the right.

19. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Dredly,

Looks like you got a promotion... you can add Great Guru now to your sig. :biggrin1:

20. Holy Smokes

'

Yeah I gave him the 1st one:hail: Dreadly> HS