Finding shoots to go to

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by ABlade, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ABlade

ABlade New Member

How do I find shoots with money prizes? I can't figure out how to search for that. Is it just word of mouth? Thanks!

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Most money shoots are going to be national events. Check out IBO.net and asaarchery.com

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

you must be good.....real good....

4. Chris

The real money is in the pro division but you need to be better than just good to win these.

Pro division in vegas with contingency is $30-50 grand

5. ABlade

ABlade New Member

I saw the prize for men in Vegas was around that much, but for women it was $3300. Was I looking in the wrong place or is that really the difference?

6. Chris

There is a big difference in the pro division between men and women as far as prize money is concerned.

7. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

its the same way in golf, and basketball, and billiards. And bowling. :bowl:

8. ABlade

ABlade New Member

Well that just ain't right. Can women shoot in the men's division then like Michelle Wie in the PGA? Not that I personally could compete with the top dogs (right now that is...a girl's gotta dream right), but I know some women who could! :rockon:

9. ABlade

ABlade New Member

My real question was: how do you find the shoots with (small) money prizes? Are the prizes only for 3D? I'm going to join my local club but I don't see any money prizes out here.