First coyote with a bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Sorry no pictures, it was almost dark when they (2) came in and a buddy of mine took the one I shot for the hide. Smoked it at 30 yards, tons of coyotes around where we hunt. Looking to start thinning them out after deer season. Any experienced coyote hunters on here??

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

depends on what you call experienced......:lol:

i am available for hire....have .308 and .223 will travel.....:D

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah man...
    :decision: noting puts a dog down like a 30-06...

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I will be using a .308 also, whats your experience with a .308, a bit overkill? I have destroyed the few I have shot. Ballistic silvertip winchesters, and powerpoint winchesters. I think I will try some fmj so I dont tear them up so bad. I don't mind splattering them,:rockon: but my other buddy who wants the hides will! I am in the market for a call. Don't know what electronic call to try, I have a few pretty sweet spots lined up and the property owner is all for exterminating them! I just haven't decided what call to purchase? A buddy of mine is going to video and I am gonna sting them, at least thats the plan.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

shoot them in the head........just dhoot them dead......they all need to die!!!!!

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I agree!

30/06 125gr boat/tail partition point!:rockon:
    Ive got 2 rifles a 30/06 and a 30/06:laugh:

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Are you scared!

Them big bad dogs gonna get them Bunnys?:noidea:

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

125's in a 30/06, those handloads?? I think mine are 150s on the powerpoints and 168 on the silvertips. Both shoot excellent at 150-250 range, 1" to 1 1/2" groups from a bench rest. Custom made rifle with a Shillen barrel, fitted with a mauser action and a montecarlo walnut stock and an old school Bausch and Lomb Scope. I will take some pictures of it and post them Monday or so. I am at my brothers all weekend for class and my guns at home in the safe.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

125gr boat/tail partition spitzer hand loads
    A buddy loads them for me in my hunt club,for groundhogs out to 350yds
    For deer i use Federal premium 165gr boat/tail softpoint.:biggrin1:

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Congrats.....those 4 big caniane teeth make's a great good luck necklace to hang on your rearveiw mirror....wards of evil spirit's:laugh: .We use to hunt them years ago when local farmer's would pay to have them thined out.