Fletching?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Aug 1, 2006.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

What do you guys find is a more acurate, 3in right helical, Blazers, or the new nap quick spins. Clearance won't be a problem, trophy ridge drop zone. What is more acurate?:noidea:

2. Allen

Allen Senior Member

Contrary to the vane manufacturer's adds, accuracy is in the archer, not the vanes. Any of them will be as accurate as your form. The QuickSpins are a quite heavy and expensive. The Blazers aren't too cheap either.

If you have decided on these two, look at which one will give you the least problems with clearance. Unlike feathers, vanes are not forgiving of contact.

Good luck,
    Allen

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm shooting 2in Blazers. they fly very very well and are fairly light. Look in the classifieds on Archerytalk, there are always people selling them cheap

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

As I have said before I love my Blazers. But once I get my own fletching jig I am going to start experiment with lots of different vanes not looking to replace my Blazers but just wanting to mess around.:biggrin1:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

of course using that whisper bizquit, your option on messing around are pretty limited!!!!!!

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yeah maybe........but I have seen alot of different vanes and feathers shot through a biscuit very well. The only ones I know of that should be avoided are QS and cheap wal-mart brand. So we will see when I get to experimenting. No worries here about a rest malfunction though like with your crappy drop-away:laugh:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You'll be fine shooting just about anything through the WB except feathers... feathers suck I don't know why ANYONE would ever want to shoot them :noidea: :biggrin1:

8. doublelung1

doublelung1 Junior Member

I have recently done a tremendous amount of testing with a number of different vanes. By far the most forgiving was the NAP quickspins. Remember, the most immportant thing in arrow correction ( perfect arrow flight with no kick) comes from the fletching (provided you have a correctly spined arrow). The more your arrow spins the quicker it will correct and fly better, and nothing spins quicker than the quick spins. They even made arrows with bent broadheads fly and hit with the rest of the group, no other fletching could do this. They are very accurate and forgiving