For Your Entertainment

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Some people should probably not be working on archery equipment.:doh:

2. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I had the strings changed on my Vetrix XL at the PRO shop where I bought it. They did a less than good job IMO. Nock point/loop too high, peep too high. bottom limb not within timing marks, drop away not timed correctly. String not served where it contacts stealth shot. I asked them to serve it.:noidea:

Just give me my bow and let me get outa here!!:wave:

Say. are these the same qualified technicians that are going to work on my bow if I have a warranty issue?:doh:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

must have had the work done at a Gander Mountain..........

4. timberghost

LOL I know it looks like it, but you are wrong Kimosabe. Authorized Hoyt dealer. And Mathews, Ross, PSE, and others. He doesn't carry Bowtech though.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was talking about the guy on AT:laugh:

6. timberghost

ok, my bad.:noidea:

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Is there any kind of organizations that certify Archery Technicians?....:noidea: If there isn't there should be.... I don't have a really good Archery shop anywhere close to me... When I used to shoot a lot a few years back their was a couple of places that I would take my stuff within a 30 mile radius. Those shops have since closed and went out of business...:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

MAYBE......you need to start doing all your own tuning.......:noidea:

9. bullfiddle

I do alot of it but I don't have a bow press right now. I am hoping to get one soon after Christmas is over. The thing of it is I have known of several folks over the years who are lucky if they know which side of the bow the arrow comes out of open an Archery shop. Don't get me wrong I don't claim to know everything there is to know about working on a bow but I do know alot of the basics and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell when a Archery shop doesn't have a clue about what they are doing. Here's an example: Until a few months ago I shot a barner rope release all the time. I stopped in a bow shop that has been in business for years. He asked me what kind of release I shot and I showed it to him. He tried to convince me that I needed a loop on my string to shoot a rope release..:doh: :doh: This guy has been running a bow shop for years. People go their because the majority of Archers are bowhunters that shoot a week before deer season starts and that's about it. These folks honestly don't know any better. I just get frustrated with Stories like the one in this thread...OK I am done venting....:frusty: :frusty: :lol:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well silly you do need a rope loop to shoot a rope release.........

11. bullfiddle

Not a loop on the release and a loop tied to the string....:frusty: :frusty:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are wrong.......its better to do it that way!!!!!:tape: :laugh:

13. bullfiddle

Let me guess you were trained by that guy weren't you?

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I taught HIM everything I dont really know about........:laugh:

you should see him plant a garden.......:noidea:

15. pilot

pilot Senior Member

So the reason i was having a hard time tuning my broadheads this afternoon was because my strings were all twisted up and not because i needed to adjust my nock position and/or the windage on my arrow rest.......:frusty:

The rest of you custom string makers have a lot of 'splaining to do....:noidea:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. bullfiddle

I think the FBSA is going to start a Archery Technician Certification course. If you are a Archery Technician and you would like to become certified please contact BUNNYMAN for details...:p

18. bamaboydave

bamaboydave I'm with Firechic

sounds about right :doh:

19. timberghost

I'm already certifiable!! I even have a certificate of authenticity for my Archery Technician II certificate.:cool: