Free classified adds ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Dec 25, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

There's a bow in the free classified adds on here that my daughter is interested in and i was wondering how you guys/girls feel when it comes to buying a bow from someone you don't know or only has a few posts.I know it's a chance that one takes.I sold a bow on here...here while back and just sold my wife's bow(bought her a new Instint) over at AT a few days ago and no problems...but i trust me but am leery of sending a M.O. to someone i really don't know.Any help to decide this would be greatly app.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Get a telephone number. It gives you a sense of security when you can talk to someone and then you have the number in case of a problem. Just PM the person and ask for the number.

3. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Everyone has got to start somewhere... Get as much info as possible, talk before the exchange.

JIM

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

which one is it.......we can all keep an eye out and help if a problem starts to develop.......I too was very leary about buying my first bow off of AT....

the guy was in Ireland and the transaction went awsome.....2 weeks and i had my bow....

the only bad transaction I have had is w/Midevilacher5575........but so did alot of people.....

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What Chris said...
    Just PM or email them and get a number...then you can hammer out the details on the phone...Like Jim said everyone's gotta start somewhere...:noidea:

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Look at it this way. Most peeps are straight up. Between here and AT you can always find someone close to them to go and get thing going when they stall.
    The only cash deal I have had go bad in going on right now.
    I posted on AT for help in that area, I had 3 people saying they would help.
    Then I had a guy contact me and said he live just down the road. He said he works part time for a bail bondsman (bounty Hunter). He stopped by and said no one home the first time but there was a note on the door to contact me. But the second time he went by he was there. The guy contacted me asap and is checking in to why my sight has not got here yet. lol Muscle is every where.

7. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

when Im doing trader business, I always offer my e mail address,ph# address, work #, Club affiliations, shop affiliations. If someone is reluctant to give you this info, be suspisious.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, like LD said. Knowledge of the sport also indicates their level of participation in it and the care they take in theri equipment you are about to purchase.

I bought my Ovation from a gentleman in Wisconsin about a year or so ago and I used a MO for payment. But I did get as much contact information from him as possible and I did speak to him on the phone about the bow before I agreed to buy it. The fact that he more than expertly answered my questions regarding the bow and specifically the included Mathews rest I could tell he was an archer and not a rip-off artist. When I received the bow it was in immaculate condition, a tribute to somebody who takes care of their personal property.

Good luck with that bud !

Ron

9. IChim2

Thanks everyone for the help and advise.

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've purchased every bow and accessory for the last 4 bows online. I give to my local shop for setup fees and range fees but I can't afford to buy anything new. Its all WAY overpriced for what it is and insanely expensive.

If you can't setup a bow for at least 50% less by going used as opposed to new then you are doing something very wrong.

That being said I've probably bought and sold 30 - 40 times online and all have been smooth transactions (knock on wood). In all honesty very few people are out to rip you off... with one main exception.

Also before you buy make sure you check AT Feedback for the user... a lot of people hit there first as its a huge sale area and if anyone is leaving feedback it will be on there.

11. SinGin

SinGin Banned

If the guy screws you in the end, we can get Slippy involved. It's just plain scarry what that dude can do.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

as long as the wind dont blow........then the stories will start.......:doh:

13. IChim2

I know what ya mean.One thing i learned to do a few years ago,was work on my own bow and bought a bow press and now i do it all.