game trackers

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by deb, Mar 20, 2008.

1. deb

deb New Member

I am thinking of using a tracker on my bow this bear season. Has anyone used one before and if you did how was it.Thanks

2. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I ve never used one.....never really needed one.

but

I ve heard a lot of horror stories of how a game tracker string has messed up the arrows flight or caught on something....ect...

Just spend a little time makin sure you have a well place shot and you won't have to look far.:peace:

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Ya, I have heard the same thing. Apparently as the string leaver the holder it tends to make a large arc and the further the shot the larger the arc and it has a tendancy to get caught on limbs before it makes it to the deer.

However, I have found the string on the ground before and followed it right to a gut pile someone left. So, it is user preference. All I can say is give it a try and see how you like it.

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

ive used one shooting at tartget with the intentions of useing it for hunting. i did take it into the woods but never had a shot with it. it flew good while shooting at a target. the guy that has the cabin next to mine uses one and loves it. i wouls shoot it a few times and see how it flys then check your hunting spot and make sure you have room for sting flight. if the strings caught up it could be bad. not only will you miss your target you arrow could also come flying right back at you.

5. dustinpedley

dustinpedley Junior Member

i used one for a season, i havnt had a deer run more than a 100yds so i failed to see the point. i cant say the same for bear tho
    IMO - the less stuff to go wrong on your bow the better