Garmin GPS

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Feb 6, 2008.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well I went ahead and did it. I have been thinking about it for awhile, finally went an bought a cheap handheld gps unit. I am thinking about buying a little nicer one and returning the etrex but its nice for now, it even has a hunting fishing calculator. Anyone else use a Garmin Etrex Legend? I am thinking about buying the Garmin Etrex HCx...?:noidea:

2. I would upgrade, I like the color screens

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Years ago I got the regular eTrek before the legend came out. I must say that it does everything I could ever want it to. I have used it to find stands, watches, and it's even brought my hide out of the woods several time when I got turned around. Now, I never leave the house without it, but I haven't seen the newer ones so I can't tell you what to do regarding that.

4. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

I have the same one, I bought it at dick's last year with the whole accessory package, cases,chargers,cables, windshield mount,topo maps etc. so far its been flawless and very easy to use. Enjoy you got a good one.

5. rut

rut Junior Member

Does the one your showing have the electronic compass?I have the basic etrex and it doesn't have that feature.It sucks without it.