Genesis bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by 62flint, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 62flint

62flint Member

Any one have any experiance with these bows?
    I was thinking of a 10-20 pound draw for a little one.
    How old do you think a little one needs to be before they can draw 10 pounds?
    How much do these bows weigh I could not find the weight of the bow it self on the companys web site.
    Thanks

2. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

My seven year old brother got a new recurve for his B-day and I think that was a 25lb bow?

if you want a light used bow I have a PSE Bandit I can get rid of cheap?

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

When you say "little one" how old?. There is the Genesis, the Mini-Genesis and the Genesis Pro I believe. 4-6 I would use the Mini Genesis, over 6 go with the Genesis. Good little bow for the kids to start with. THe regular Genesis you can set a rest, sights and a stab on them.

I'am trying to find something a bit larger, something for the 9-10 year old if someone has something inexpensive.

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Like I said PSE Bandit,
    Fork style arrow rest,
    5 pin crosshair sight?
    and rubber tube Peep
    24" draw lenght
    30lb
    takes a 180 grain arrow
    Camo in colour may need new string?

Got a camo softcase and 6 gold tip arrows for it.
    but I think some have damaged fletches.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  5. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

needs a tune up

6. 62flint

62flint Member

My little one will be 6 in november.
    I just don't want to get some thing to heavy to hold or pull.
    I was thinking of the mini genesis or even the regular genesis just can't figure out which would be best for her. I have seen a few on e-bay, I just don't want to buy the wrong one. I wish there was some place nearby that sold them or I knew some one with one.
    Oh and it needs to be camo...... lol

7. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Camo is a must :biggrin1: If she is going to be 6, I would look at as the age to step her up. The Mini, she would only shoot about a year or so. She should do ok with the regular Genesis and will be able to use it for 2-3 years at least, before she makes your drop some real change on her.

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

go to wally world and pick up a 50 dollar brave bow .. thats wat i got when i was 5 my 7 year old brothers r shootin it now

9. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

My 10 year old has a Genesis, not a bad bow. The only problem I would comment on is that the A to A is 36" which is kind of long for a small child to hold. The lower cam has a few dings from hitting the ground. I am getting my 9 year son a mini Genesis for this reason. I added a kisser button which was a great help since the Genesis has no wall to shoot from. I was told a few wraps of duct tape on the cable guard where the slide stops also works good.

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

bows!

Also look at the micro-midas in 15-35lbs & 20-25inch draw
    my son had one at age seven!:biggrin1:

11. Mepperson

Mepperson Junior Member

We have an archery club at the school where I teach and we use the Genesis Bows. When turned most of the way down, there's very little problems for the 4th and 5th graders to draw. My son has one and he will be 9 this year. He has no problems at all.