Genesis Pro

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ridgewalker243, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Has any one ever tried the Mathews Genesis Pro? I was looking for a bow for my wife to start out on and was wondering if it was worth looking at?

2. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I have never shot one but when I was looking for an inexpensive way to get my wife shooting everyone including pro shop owners said if you are looking at a genesis get the pro

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've considered this one before for my wife but just keep thinking back to those red kid bows that shoot the arrow 20 feet and it hits the ground... I don't want my wife to think I'm making fun of her, how well do these things actually shoot?

4. olman

olman Member

got the pro for my daughter

my daughter(10yrs old) & I shoot at 10 yds in the basement quite a bit it seems like a OK bow, of course I'm not shooting it BOWTECH for me thanks. We have it turned up to about 20lbs and they stick in the bag I didn't want to pay a lot for a bow if she wasn't really interested, but she is & may end up with a better bow after her strength builds. Being that the poundage is low it has a hard time reaching out to 20yds there is alot of arc. in short good starting bow. good luck

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

One thing to consider. On a Pro set at 25lbs, she will be holding 25lbs at full draw. A 40lb bow with 75% letoff, she will be holding much less at full draw.

6. Allen

Allen Senior Member

One of the young shooters in our league shoots a Genesis Pro. He does very well with it and even outshoots some of the older guys. I noticed that he tends to get tired at the end of the round. This may be due to the high holding weight that Chris mentioned or it may be that he is just young.

The main reason to get a Genesis Pro is that it can be set to a very wide range of draw lengths. Since your wife is probably not still growing :tape:, I would suggest a different bow. There are a number of them available in the 30 to 40 pound draw weight range with shorter draw lengths. Many will do much better than 20 feet.