Getting Started Shooting In Archery Competions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by eclips3, Jan 4, 2007.

1. eclips3

eclips3 Junior Member

Hey my name is Ryan Salzman and I live in Aalabama. Ive been wanting to start shooting in local archery competions but i can not find any. Any tips on getting started? Thanks

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Check the local shops. Almost any shop worth anything will run indoor tourneys.

oh and :welcome:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:welcome: to you......

this time of year it gets a little slow around hear for shoots, we do have one atr a local club on the 7th.....this sunday as a matter of fact.....

5. eclips3

eclips3 Junior Member

ha thanks guys. yeah, i just found out that gander mtn is starting an indoor league close by. so that should be fun. one of my pins broke today so now i got to fix that. i need new sights anyways. i've been looking at the toxonics. they have good brightness so i can shoot indoor and out. anyone have opinions in a good sight?

6. the indoor shoots are fun but ask around for 3d shoots to your bound to find 1 or 2 around your area.youll meet good people and in my opion more fun than indoor.3d shooting season starts next weekend here.the guy who owns the range has a big head though, he placed 1st in his division at the T.H.E. world championship a few years back,ever since he thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.:puke: good luck and pratice practice practice:peace:
    as far as sights go start out simple and work your way up.get a set of good sights there are so many out there you can check out the spot hogg hogg it. or the sword there good and cheap, under a $100.00 i dont know if they what they will cost there where you live but here there under a $100.00.
    here are a few of the companys you can check out on the web,spot-hogg,sure-lok,toxonics,viper,sword,extreme,MAN THERE ARE ALOT OF THEM OUT THERE!!!!!!:decision: good luck you have alot to choose from.hope this hleps ya.:welcome:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  7. eclips3

eclips3 Junior Member

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

try www.bowsite.com

they have listings by state.

welcome to the site and good luck with your shooting

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey so does this site!!!!!!!

and I went over there they have all of last years shoots listed:rolleyes:

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I figured since he was here he might already know that. Should have told him anyways. I rarely venture over to bowsite.com, just giving him another option.:peace:

11. eclips3

eclips3 Junior Member

haha you guys crack me up. but sadley there are none for good ol' bama

12. strow

strow Junior Member

Ryan,

You must live in North AL. if your close to Gander Mtn? A great site for you to check out would be Bowhunters of Alabama.

www.alabamabowhunter.com

The current schedule for the upcoming 3D season is posted along with several shops that have indoor shoots. A good site with good folks who will help you anyway they can. Give them a try.

Good luck...............

Steve