Grim Reapers- Free Dvd!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thehairlessone!, Sep 4, 2007.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

i just watched a cool dvd. It was all about those grim reapers.

They did all kinds of testing in slow motion of the reaper vs. all the best heads on the market (both mechanical and fixed blade) . The stiker, nap broadheads, rage broadheads,etc. Just about everyone you can think of. The reaper beat them all in all the tests. It was very well done.

They shot them thru steel drums, deer shoulders and hide, ballistic gelatin and even steep angled plywood. I couldnt believe how well they did. Some of the broadheads you would think would be awesome didnt even compare.

The slick trick was about the only well known head that wasnt included so I cant say how they would have done in the testing.

Rick

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Where'd you get the free DVD? I like a copy if they're available.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

from Grim Reaper........wasnt biased at all........:lol:

4. thehairlessone!

I would email them here if you want one

questions@grimreaperbroadheads.com

Of course it was biased. It is a marketing tool but it is pretty hard to argue with the slow motion footage.

Rick

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was just bustin your chops......:wave:

6. thehairlessone!

Sorry! :biggrin1:

I thought the testing was very well done. They shot many many different brands of broadheads both mechanical and fixed blade. They shot them thru steel drums, ballistic gelatin with deer hide across the front and deer shoulders inside,etc.

They same bow and arrows were used and the bow was shot from a hooter shooter too. In alot of the videos, the reaper and other heads were shot side by side into the same block so you could see the results.

They even angled a piece of plywood to imitate quartering away shots.

I was very impressed. I will definately give them a try for turkey hunting next spring. Heck I might even throw one in my quiver and try to whack a deer with it.

RIck

7. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I sent them an email, they are sending me the free video,
    thanks,

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Just emailed grim reaper about my free video. I use the rage but have considered the reapers for some time now.

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I am in love with the rages but for some reason traded for some new grim reapers with the tiny trocar tip blades. I'd like to use one on a doe to compare it to the rages.

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I havent shot a deer yet with a rage, how do you think they will work on a hog.

11. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I got the DVD in yesterday and watched it, it isn't totally unbias, but it is a very good video. I wish they would have shown what the muzzy's did compared to the grim reaper in the barrel test, in fact, they did not show any fixed blades in the barel test or plywood test. none the less, for a mechanical broadhead, the reapers are very impressive.

12. thehairlessone!

I agree. That was the only thing they didnt do that I would have liked to have seen.

I went ahead and bought a pack to try. One was missing a razortip so I called them. They are sending me one and a few more dvd's to pass out to friends.

At first when I took them out of the package I didnt know if I was going to like the spring,etc. but once I got them on my arrow I was very impressed. I think I am really going to like them so I hope I can try them out on a deer this fall. I am stilll taking my slick tricks too though! :biggrin1:

rick

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I requested one over the weekend, hopefully I'll get it in a few days.