Guardian Report: Don't call me a Blowie, but...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Ok, we have had a demo Guardian in the shop for some time. I've fooled around with it a bit and it is very smooth and very quiet. Probably the quietest bow I have ever shot. Now I never really set one up to spend some time with.

Well, the other day, I had a customer ask me to put his target stuff on it and drop the length to 27". No problem. Well, he shot 8 ends (of 5 arrows each) with it and I think he missed 2 X's out of 40 shots. Needless to say he ordered one in Smoke Chrome!

So tonight I thought, why not, lets really see how good it shoots. I put a sureloc sight and scope and a spring steel rest. Eyeballed the rest and went to shoot it. It took me about 15 shots to get it really dialed in. So a bunch of people were shooting league, so I got my pen out and started shooting with them.

I shot a bunch of X's. Ended up shooting 56x 300 with a bow that was not tuned at all.:peace:

This thing is a shooter!!!

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

welcome.... to the RIGHT side! :biggrin1:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

blowie.............

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Alright Chris, I agree it is a great shooter, but let's get serious. You could probably shoot that score with my old bear whitetail bow.:laugh:

So are you gonna bring that down to the next Kish shoot.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so the boss is a ringer????

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I always knew the "Right" side was better than the "Left"!

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

the left being the correct side to shoot a bow from...

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

says who??? a nobody like you????

put that in your sig and smoke it.......:rockon:

9. Chris

Someone tonight asked me that same question. Very tough for me to put down the Apex 7. It's proven itself time and time again. However, I do plan to shoot the Guardian a bit more so time will tell.:biggrin1:

10. Chris

I usually do OK.

11. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

its about time some of you guys have come around:peace:

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep the Guardian is a shooter for sure. I spent a little time with one the other day.

I been thinking though with all the different manufacturers making great bows today how do you decide which one is for you they all feel great. Mathews,Hoyt,PSE,Bear,Martin,Browning, oh yeah and Bowtech.:biggrin1:
    Seriously if a good shooter takes any of these different bows produced in the last several years and shoots them he will score good. Correct??? Its just getting tough to pick a bow anymore. If it does not blow my bow away then why change??? When I used to shoot my Jennings then shot the new ones I knew I had to change but now they all feel great. We all like to say this bow is better than that bow but I think we are just trying to fool ourselves. I don't know what I'm trying to say here so I just shut up for now.:tape:

13. Radar

Radar Story of my life

He is being modest

14. XSPOT

XSPOT Junior Member

Chris is right we did not hardly spend any time on set up threw it together, some what sighted and shot nuttin but x if you miss with the guardian I assure you it is You, this is the most study bow I have ever shot. I put my 8 power true spot scope on the guardian and the scope had no movement at all on that x. I was shooting next to chris when he shot the 300 57 with it ,he was drilling x with this thing and again very little set up. shoot one you will love it.

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Howdy XSPOT :welcome: to the forum fill in your profile name, location, what you shoot. Hope you enjoy it here we are glad to have ya with us.:peace:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it should be required that a few of the things be filled in......:noidea:

17. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah , I really enjoy seeing where everybody hails from. We got the nation covered from sea to shing sea thanks to Wheels joining in> HS:peace:

18. Chris

if XSPOT is who I think it is, he is right here in Northern IL. He shoots at our shop often.