Guardian tuning

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by sqwert, Apr 1, 2008.

1. sqwert

sqwert New Member

The draw stop on the top cam on my Guardian, is coming short of the cable when the one on the bottom cam hits. Obviously I want them hit at the same time, so can any one tell me, do I want to do I want to twist the up cable, or untwist the down cable, to get the top cam to rotate farther? Thanks.

2. BrianH

BrianH Junior Member

Give the down cable a twist or two depending on how far it is out of time.

3. sqwert

sqwert New Member

OK I got impatient, but I think I got it, by trial and error. The cams are synced now and letoff is back closer to 80 % :cool: ;) :confused: (don't have a scale yet so I'll have to wait till my next trip to town, to the pro shop, to check it).

I hope I have this staight now, I twisted the end of the down cable @ the bottom cam to bring the top cam over farther so it hit the cable @ the same time as the bottom cam.

please correct , if I got this mixed up again.

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The Guardian has 2 draw stops, 1 on each cam ?
    I have an Allegiance and an 82nd and they both have 1 draw stop, on the top cam. You should not need 2 draw stops since the cams are slaved together by 2 cables. I should not be possible for the cams to be out of time since once the cam that has the stop on it hits the limb the other cam should stop dead in it's tracks as well.

I guess I never looked real closely at a Guardian but that just didn't sound right to me.

Ron

5. sqwert

sqwert New Member

The stops are different from your Alley. The Guardian doesn't have a movable stop like most Bowtechs, it has a lobe on the mod similar to the cable stop on your Alley and they hit the cables , not the limb like your stop on the top cam.

look at your cams at full draw , you should see some lobes that should almost touch the cables when at full draw. you want to set the stop post so they touch just as you pull hard into the wall and compress the O ring on your post.:cool:

Your Alley can get out of sync just like the guardian , or any other Binary, when one cable stretches a little more than the other.

In my case the problem came primarily from me trying to teach myself how to tune , by taking everything apart and then putting it back together and trying to make it work. :dizzy:

It was a process , but I beleive I prevailed, since my arrows are grouping better than ever today. :rockon: I still have lots to learn, but i made lots of progress . :biggrin1:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  6. sqwert

sqwert New Member

Thanks, I think I figured it out about the same time you posted. :lol:

Took 4 twists :doh: I had about a 3/16 " gap, between the stop and the cable. :dizzy: