hard on arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Colo_Lee, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

this x-force is costing me arrows.
    shooting axis 340 at 20 yards (still doing some tuning) it went threw the bag target and traveled another 10 yards and went threw a horse panel that is
    made of 18 ga. tubing only thing that kept it from going all the way threw it was the fletching. I wanted to get a pic of it but my 6 year old little angle went and broke it of the rest of the way and pulled it out lol she was just trying to help

2. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

yeah I heard they were pretty fast,

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Sounds like it's time to get a new target bag :biggrin1:

4. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

lol the bow and the morrell yellow jacket target are only 6 days old :biggrin1:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Sounds like you definately need a new bow target. I'm using a 3 1/2 year old Morrell Outdoor Range and I can shoot my OG at it from about a foot away and I still only get about 6 inches of penetration (if that)

The new ones aren't as good as the old ones but there is still no way you can get a full pass through (w/ veins attached)

6. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

well dredly sence you think it cant be done or it didnt happen here are some pics not as good as the would have been if the little one didnt try and help

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  7. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

hmm all the pic didnt upload here are the other 2 distance shot from and the distance the panel was from the target

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Stop shooting you arrow in the exact same hole everytime and you wont get passthru's so much. Just shoot them about an 1/8 in apart. Same advice to keep from robinhooding your arrows all the time

9. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Its a good thing there wasnt any livestock in there. I am surprised that is all the stuffing that came out with the arrow. The first pass through I got on my bag pulled out a great big clump of stuffing with it:mad: