Help And Recomendations

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Defiler, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Defiler

Defiler New Member

Ok, ill skip to the important stuff. Ive recently decided to get into archer yagain and need some help with finding a good bow for me. id prefer a bow withougth a cable gaurd and a hunting stabalizer because the yannoy me and im not gonan be doing any hunting. Im wanting a compound bow wit hthe pull back weight of around 50 lbs. im about 5'4 tall ( dont remember if that matters ) and i have around $250 to spend on a GOOD bow. so all and any help you advice for me you have it greatly apreciated.
    Thanks!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome some body will be along shortly to take your call:D

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So you want a $250 bow without a cable guard......and.......since you mention that you don't want a hunting stabilizer, I assume you want the bow loaded with all the other accessories???

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats why I said someone would be along shortly.......:p

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I don't think you'll find a GOOD bow in your terms for $250 new. You should go to your area archery shop and see what they have used available. Even the bottom end bows are going for that much nowadays new. Good Luck and welcome.

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

He might........might......find a 2 or 3 year old Martin with a shoot through system for $250 on AT, but it will be a bare bow....

7. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I think he said good bow??:lol: :lol: J/K HI-jack--Happy New Year JC.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Listen here you :censored: ........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He pretty much eliminated all the other mediocre bow companies when he said "no cable guard......" :D

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah he did limit himself too second rate didnt he......:laugh:

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'm gonna refrain from being drawn into this again........:cool:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

good move, I doubt that you could handle it by your self, so its better that you run.......

YELLER:tape: :tape:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Oh I'm sure if I wanted to enter into a bow brand pissin match with you, I could find some back up. :cool:

People seem to just be sittin around waiting for a reason to knock your beloved.....:biggrin1:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

jelousy can get ugly at time's.........

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Boy aren't you making that apparent right now.....:cool:

16. Defiler

Defiler New Member

Correction

Ok well how about i put it this way, i dont know what i dont need on or do rly need on a good bow.i just said no stabalizer or cable gaudr cuz i asume those are for hunting and i wont be doing any hunting. im not interested in any accesories. just a simple good - decent compound bow with a pull back weight of around 50 lbs. i dont know what i really need thats why im asking you guys. I need help from the people who know all this stuff ( you guys ) to help me know what i need etc and to find a decent deal or somthing. :D

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

That helps a lot. Most bows have cable guards. There are only a few that don't. That definitely isn't a hunting only thing. Most cable guards are integrated into the design and the bow will not function without them. Stabilizers are a different story. They come in all shapes and sizes and functions. I would spend some time researching. What will you be doing with the bow since you don't hunt? Indoor at 20 yards, 3D, field archery?

18. Defiler

Defiler New Member

a lil bit of everything

now were getting somewhere :biggrin1: i have been doign some research i just never new much aboutthe cable guards. Ill be out in my woods shoot ing at some trees and some " feild " archery in my back yard. ( i have a huge backyard )

19. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have a good septer 3 that fits the bill. But you have to kick it up by 50 and I will split the shipping.

20. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

O yes target color bow with X system.