help please

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by caddokid, Apr 8, 2008.

1. caddokid

caddokid New Member

Just want to know if there is anywhere online I can find where the scoring circles are on various 3D targets before I shoot at them. I have shot many tourneys, including the Rhinehart 100 with different clubs and last weekend we were all shooting from the same stake, MBR, MBO, and Hunter class. Is there a limit on bino magnification? Isn't that a bit out of kilter to put someone shooting with scopes and dials and verifiers versus fixed pins and peeps? It would be like someone in a rifle contest shooting open sights versus someone with a 3 by 9 verible scope. Anyhow, just wondering how to know where the 12 rings are on the various 3D's before you shoot at them. Is there a limit on bino magnification? Please help or just tell me to shut up and shoot, thanks.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

You can buy the animal cards. You carry them with you and the picture of that animal shows you the kill zone. I don't use them so I don't know how accurate they are with targets.

With everyone shooting from the same stake. I think it would be unfair if you were actually competing against them, but since we all shoot similar equiptment in our class, I think it is fair. :D

3. caddokid

caddokid New Member

To my knowlege there was no diferentiation in classes. My scorecard was the same color etc as my friend who shoots MBO.

4. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Archers would be in different classes so they are scored with those groups. You can shoot with whomever, example....I'm in Freestyle class and you might be BowHunter class. We can shoot from same stake but you are scored against your class and I"m scored with my class. Distance isn't the issue just the type of sighting or fingers vs release etc.

As for the scoring on the targets...I've noticed that most kill zones are fairly straight up the animals shoulder...although on some there are 2 target zones. Just depends.

5. caddokid

caddokid New Member

I have double posted and can't seem to delete either one, sorry. I would agree to some extent, however actually hunting and making a kill shot versus shooting and hitting the 12 ring is a big difference.

6. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I'm not talking about hunting, I"m saying the "kill zone" aka scoring area is in the areas I was describing.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Let me see if I can merge them for you:noidea:

8. caddokid

caddokid New Member

Animal cards sounds good, do you know where I might get some?

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

do a google search for Archery Placement Cards or if you are going to order them, see if Chris has some at Obsession Archery (click the link above for his online store)

10. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I printed the targets off the rinehart website and cut them apart. cheap and easy.