Here are the pics bowman

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

So, what do you think of the DL, it is set at 25" right now, we are still waiting on the 25.5" cam.

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If I were you, I would get a peep sight with a tube on it.......:biggrin1:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

here's one more, I think I am a little different every time. Bad anchor, cuz it is awkward touching my nose to the string with this DL

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:laugh: I am not having trouble with it not turning this time, so...no:biggrin1:

5. I think that looks great...You are going longer?

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Can you post a picture from head to toe. You look like you are leaning backwards.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

we are going to try longer, if it don't work out, I guess we can always go back to this cam :noidea:

8. I guess it won't hurt to try - but damn, it looks FINE too me.

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If your bow arm is comfortable, then I would say it is right on the money. Then nock of the arrow is directly under the corner of your eye. Remember, it is better to be a little short than a little long. (If only that were true in all aspects of life.......)

10. hey wheels. my oppinion is.... not to bad. I wouldnt suggest going any longer though. Like somone else said it looks like you may be leaning back a bit already. somone also said to go to a tubed peep. I would not reccomend that since you said you planned on doing some hunting. I have had a shot on a nice elk blown because of a peep tube and know several others that have had the same missfortune. I too would like to see a head to toe pic, it would be more helpful in critiquing(?) your............form.:cool:

11. one more thing, you might consider using a kisser button. I know alot of newer shooters that have improved by using them.

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

You guys always want more pics:doh: , Here I will just answer that for you, Yes, I am leaning back a little :cool:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Well I want the picture for other reasons than most of the droolers on here.....

And bone_collector, the tubed peep sight comment was followed by the infamous smiley face, meaning it was meant as a joke. Wheels knows what I mean.

14. sorry not up to speed on that stuff yet. after all you never know with target shooters.:biggrin1: :tape:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree that the DL looks just right. You are bent back slightly which will be worse if you lengthen your DL. Bow hand looks great. Arrow and release arm look very good.

Yep..............................tubed peep and your sling looks to be a little tight also.:biggrin1: :peace:

16. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I just measured my DL using the Pellerite method, which is suppose to be one of the most accurate :noidea: and it said I am 25.5, so I guess we will see if the shooten gets better with the new cam (if it ever gets here):mad:

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Did he just call me a target shooter????? :mad:

Why I outta.............................:boxing:

:peace:

18. I guess I stand corrected:doh: , what do you hunt?

19. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

got anything like a french maid outfit, Or didnt you get your back from bowman yet?

20. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I think the most accurate method is to put an arrow in your bow, draw it back, and see if everything lines up correctly......

All this measure your wingspan and divide by the square root of the velocity of an unladen swallow (European swallow) is hogwash.

All other methods are to get you in the vacinity. After that, you have to tweak it to your body's individual quirks.:peace: