Hey Wheels... hows the rain?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just got reports that our data center in Washington is flooding and that employees can't go home in a lot of areas due to roads being closed around Seattle... hope you are doing better then Washington is!

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

She posted earlier in another thread that it was getting pretty rough in her area. I haven't seen anything from her since this morning....:noidea:

3. Scablands

Scablands Member

Power could be out. Had a blizzard here yesterday with 45 mph winds followed by rain last night and today with the wind still howling. Not nice outside. :mad:
    On the plus side it's 47 degrees now.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah thats gonna be wet.........

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

It's not pretty over here...I am glad I live on a hill :peace:

there is a lot of flooding all around us. There has been winds in the triple digits on the coast line and they have been up around 50-90 mph around here.

My landlord installed the windows and when the wind blows the rain against the house I have to put cups in the window seals:frusty: :frusty:

it's not so windy tonight and the rain is lightening up finally:D

6. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Well we are suppose to get Santa Ana's today. So tie things down. We also have another rain coming in Friday that looks to be building. So get the boat out just in case. You say your on a hill. Well I hope it isn't a hill side like around malibu. You may be swimming sooner than you want to be. Can you say hill slide? No rain for a very long time then it comes at us like this always causes problems. Not to mention the fires that now have taken most of the vegitation off the sides of the hills, that helps hold them up. Glad I live on flat land.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am glad I am not in California anymore...the weather looks pretty good this morning and is suppose to be cloudy but good Wed-Fri or Saturday.:peace:

8. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Your up in Oregon? It rains a whole lot more up there. Forget the boat, get the ship.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I was wondering the same thing...
    Geez....

Ron

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

There is a part of I-5 up in Washington that is under 10 feet of water (as of last night) and the little town of Vernonia here in oregon is flooded to the top of their doorways.:dizzy:

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Wow.
    And I thought things could get bad being around the Mississippi River during flood season... We more or less just worry about basements getting flooded...

Ron

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you mean this highway...

[​IMG]

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats freaky.......right there.......

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru