HI all a question?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by QSA, Sep 17, 2007.

1. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Have you all ever heard of Buckmasters Or Whitetail Magazine?
    If so what part of the country? how big are they?

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Sounds familiar, but I don't really know anything :noidea:

3. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I heard of Buckmasters, its kind of like North American Hunting Club. When you subscribe you get a decal, pocket knife, patch. They also have a TV show on the Outdoor Channel. And your name and address get sold to everyone under the sun for all sorts of junk mail. :tape:

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup I've heard of them both. I read whitetail magazine for a while but it really isn't that good of a magazine. I think I got that and Fish and Stream (or something similar)

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I use to belong to buckmasters but let my suscription expire so I could get more bow hunting magazines. Im not sure where they are located.

6. QSA

Thanks trying to get a reveiw done on my bow stands in them. The editor and cheif saw one on a Elk hunt trio in Canada. So he wants to order one. I sent a reply that I would send him one if he did a reveiw and write up on them in his magazine.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

isnt that PTP??

PAID to PRINT........:p

8. QSA

No he wanted to buy one. But if he does that it could many a whole lot of sells. I have set stands out to 5 production companys to use in there hunting DVDs, Sent one down south for Bill Jorden to check out. I am also waiting for someone to contact Ted Nugent about using our stand sence he shoots a Ondia.

It is stand bis. not bunny bis.
    By the way The name works for me. lol

9. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i have had 2 articles published in the magazine and have never had any junk mail sent to me .... :noidea: ... you can do a search for buckmasters and it will come up.... Jackie Bushman is the founder... Jeff Foxworthy and Michael Wadell are both on the tv shows on the outdoor channel with him all the time.... it is not a high end magazine but is has been growing over the years

10. outdoorsman

the publish on line as well as distrubute us wide not sure of overseas or not....

11. QSA

well hope it pans out. I would love to see it in a magazine. I have sold them world wide.
    One bow company is going to have H2O imaging dip there new bow and a Quick stand to match for display.

12. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Soon they will be asking you to be a sponsor on their show.

13. QSA

Nope not going to do that. Just want a reveiw in the magazine. No one else has ask me to sponsor them in any production yet. We are to small for that. When we can I will pay for ads here and AT. These two are first on our list.
    We already have a reveiw up on Aimlow productions. Working on a Bowfishing stand for boat decks. It will fold down when not in use.

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

any advertising you can get, right?

15. QSA

You got it wheels, we are taking on dealers it seems like all the time. So all the advertising I can do helps them out more. Word of mouth is doing great but there is a untapped market out there. Just need to find the on lever. The ATA will crank it up I am sure of that. So if any of you go to it this coming year. You will see me there.

16. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I believe that buckmasters gives the stuff away to there members, and then the member are expected to write a review on the stuff they're given. They have small write ups about the products in there mag.

17. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I used to get buckmasters magazine when I was younger

18. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I've seen a lot of "Whitetail" mags and I consider them a total waste. They never publish a picture or a story of a buck that scores much less than 150 P&Y and most are 190 and up. Let's get real gentlemen. How many of them do you see walking around your hunting area?

I's pretty much the same old story. Just a different picture.

19. outdoorsman

if you pass on the little ones and they grow up they will be big ones. the hardest thing to do is let those 120 the 140's walk when they are only 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 yrs old but we did for 8 years and we had many hiding in the woods.... we leased 3000 acres problem is the others in the area have to do the same thing.... shoot does and inferior bucks for meat and let the 8's, 10's and 12's grow for a few extra years

20. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I agree, but this is Pa where I live. I haven't drawn my bow on a deer in 8 years simply because I'm still looking for a booker. Believe me, they're pretty few and far between in a state with nearly 1 million hunters with the attitude that "brown is down".

And even so, how many deer do you see walking around that would score 150 and up? I just wish they'd publish some hunts and pictures of what 99% of the hunters see and shoot. Maybe even some does once in a while.

Doesn't matter. I still wouldn't buy those rags anymore.