high country archery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rundovr, Jun 1, 2008.

1. rundovr

rundovr nevada hunter

Has anyone shot the new speed force, I am looking for a dealer and a price.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

My dealer shoots the Speed Force and loves it. I have not shot it though. I'm not sure on the price but can get you his number if you want.:noidea:

3. cacman

cacman New Member

speed force

We shot a Speed Force at my store Calgary Archery Centre yesterday and they are a really sweet shooting bow .They say they will warranrty them at 3grains/pound .My first shot was at 70# 255 gr arrow at what they call 30" draw.I will tell you now thier bows are coming an inch long measuring AMO 1.75" in front of pivot point of grip. With that out of the way my first shot was 400 fps.
    We are using a speed tac chrono which is a really good unit.
    We turned bow up to 75 # and got arrow down to 227 grains and i shot 431 fps.
    After that we started to get crazy shaving weight off arrow moving draw stop out as far as possible at this point we hit 453 then we got stupind and cut as much weight as we could off arrow. We shave nock and nock collar down and then the insert and we shot it with no point arrow weight 168 grains 483 fps
    the arrow had about 1 % B.O.C, yes back of centre it pass through chrono then made a right had dive into bottom of 20 yard target butt 1 1/2 butts over from where we were shooting. Up until we passed 3gr/pd they bow was not bad sound wise and no shock. The bow is still in one piece and we checked it over and it looks fine. I think with a little more time we could get some more speed out of it.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I might've been crazy enought to do that, but i wouldn't have told anybody......:lol: :lol:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yeah ok....................:doh: