hitting arm

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by archery mom, Jul 22, 2008.

1. archery mom

archery mom New Member

I have been shooting for many years, and have been shooting a Bowtech for about 2 years, and all of a sudden, I am starting to hit my arm with it. I started conciously changing my hand position, which helped, but I shouldn't have to. Could there be something off that could cause this. I was also really off on the weekend, and I am usually alot more consistent.

2. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Are you keeping your bow arm slightly bent??

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome:

I have a Switchback XT that I have been shooting for a couple years. During league this year, I was slapping my arm every night that I shot indoors. The last couple nights that I shot, I figured out that my anchor point had changed just enough that I was stretching my arm staighter and slapping my arm. Once I changed my anchor point back to where it should be and bent my elbow a little more, I stopped slapping my arm.

Hope this helps.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

check and see if your draw lenght change if your string stretched to make your draw lenght longer you could be over exstening your draw

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the site archery mom...:welcome:

I was gonna say draw length also...

7. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

Check where your feet are, have they moved, open your stance and see what happens...cured the problem for me.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup, I concur with the draw length comments........

did you change releases or anthing else on the bow??

take off a kisser button??

9. have some one look at your bow while you have it at full draw to see if your cams or limbs are twisting, if they are it may be causing you to grip and/or torqe your bow a little different while shooting it with out you knowing it.:noidea:

10. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member