Hm...martin phantomII

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by n2t, Jan 24, 2007.

1. n2t

n2t Senior Member

I just payed 489 bucks for a martin phantomII. Now after this I'm hearing they are a 250 dollar bow. But the archery shop claimed they sell for almost 600 usualy. Did I get a deal or did I get robbed?

2. The phantom II came out in 2003 and was a pro serie's bow untill 2005.
    if you bought it new then you probaly did not get ripped because martin has a liftime warrenty on there bow's if your the oringanal owner but you need the reciept with the name of the archery shop's name on it. i dont know what year your bow is but it's not over a 2005 model.and if your archery shop told you they sold for 600 now then you know he's lying they may have sold for that much in 2005 and before when martin was making them.If you bought it used,then ya you prabaly got hosed,a friend of mine bought one for $150.00 used.and it looked like new and was a 2005 model.but don't let that get you down they are great shooting bow's and a friend i shoot with still shoot's his in all the tournament's we goto,and he's been shooting for 30 years,he love's his martin.so shoot the hell out of it:peace::rockon:
    here is some pics of the phantom II the one on the left is a 2003 and the right
    is a 2005

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007

3. n2t

n2t Senior Member

I think my modle is a 2003 then as it's all camo and has the rubber dampeners, and is single cam. I did hit the wrong number though I meant 389 not 489 so maybe 100 dollars cheaper is better even? lol. I think I'm just nervous as I originaly was thinking about a PSE spider but got talked into this "vastly superior" bow. I hope it really is vastly superior.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Martin rules! Hs

5. you got a good deal on it did you get it new or is it used?

6. n2t

n2t Senior Member

New. It seems smooth. There was a bowtech there also new for ten more..I just hope the martin is a decent bow and worth the extra over a pse spider.

7. well at least you got a new one with warrenty raller than a used one without

8. n2t

n2t Senior Member

Lol don't say that. At the last minute before I bought the phantomII, this guy comes in with a well used but great feeling martin orion magnum. It was shorter and the draw felt much better and because of the length it felt alot better in my hands. So I picked up the martin Orion instead.

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

martin phantom II

The pro-series that our shop used to carry were in the $500.00 dollar range.
    I'm not sure on this but I thought martin carries the same warranty that pse does?

10. n2t

n2t Senior Member

Idk, but I think the Orion is a gold series not a pro series I hope that doesn't make a diff in either quality or warenty...

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

martin phantom

when I looked it up on the Martin web site it was listed under the pro series bows? I too thought it was a gold series bow.

12. n2t

n2t Senior Member

the orion (one I bought) is gold series, the phantomII is pro series I believe.