How about this

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by goldflinger, Jan 25, 2007.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Stories and or pictures of redneck deerstands and blinds. I once had a hole dug about three feet deep and had it covered with an old satelite dish. Never got a deer out of it, but I got HBO.:laugh: :laugh:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

When I was a kid we used a 64 chevy wagon as a blind...We found it one day squirrel hunting and decided it would make a cool blind...we would sit one up front and one in the back...get 'em coming and going...:biggrin1:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when I was a kid my grand pappy would ge tdrunk and we would pile into his 64 chevy wagon and go out and look for deer......it was o.k. cuz he said it was a "deer drive"......:whistle:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Maybe this wuz his car...You ever drive deer in Newburgh???

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I wish I had a pic of this...
    The farm I hunt borders fed land...it used to be an air force base. After it was abandoned it got overgrown so we used to hunt it...anyway in one of the trees was a steel folding chair...That's what I said, a folding chair...about 12' off the groud and chained to the tree...I guess so noone would steal it...:biggrin1:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is there deer in newburgh??? then yes....we drove deer in newburgh

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

How did you get 'em in the car???

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hello it was station wagon......thru them on the roof.....and under the backward facing rumble seat.....remember those that was a great idea....:bored:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yup yup...

10. muzzystruck25

muzzystruck25 Junior Member

We once bulilt a loft up in a old corn crib it wasnt much, but the deer kept coming.:biggrin1:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Come on Guys and gals....There has got to be a ton of Redneckish stories out there or is it in here...?

My friend bought a house a few years ago and while we were working on the siding we noticed a hole in the aluminum window frame...I said that looks like a bullet hole(but it was going from the inside out?)
    The next door neighbor said the guy who lived there used to open the kitchen window and sit at the table with a rifle and a bipod, and shoot the deer in the back yard...

12. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

must say i havent really seen anything to odd to post here, When i first started hunting, where we hunted deer, their was a 2 or 2 1/2 foot dia irragation pipe i liked to hide in, just would kinda back in it and stick the gun out the front...... was a good spot to hide in!!