how did you start

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by deerkiller443, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Bow

20 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Gun

30 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

How did you start
    did you begin as a bow hunter
    or a gun hunter :noidea:
    me the first year i began to hunt was with a bow:peace:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Rabbits and squirells is what I started with when I was a kid with a H&R .410 single shot. Man I wish I still had that old gun...:doh: :doh:

3. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

I really want to kill illegal aliens....until they open a season on them...I just hunt a lil bit and shoot a bunch to keep my skills.:bowl:

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Started as a bird dog my first year out with my dad and uncle. At age seven I had my own .410 shotgun for quail and rabbits.....man that was 43 years ago. Didn't pick up a bow until "94" and only hunt with a rifle to take my nephew and grandson hunting.

5. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

This was my first shotgun season ever for deer.

6. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Gun

Ive gun hunted all my life until i hurt my ears now i strickly bow hunt,and loving every minute of it......................................:peace:

7. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

I meant deer but ok
    I started out with a savage 22 single shot. Shot a bunch of rabbits and deer with that little gun. And if i wanted to I probably go get it I think my dad still has it. Not sure of the shape:noidea:
    Man it feels good to remember the old days:laugh:

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hunted 2 years with a gun and then I bought a bow. I haven't hunted with a gun for deer in the last 3 years. much more fun to hunt with a bow than with a gun.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Srtarted out with my daisy BB shootin' at evrything that moved

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Man...that was a long time ago...started hunting with a shot gun than tried archery....my bow was a Bear and had steel cables and if i can remember right....had alum/limbs.Something to be desired back than:laugh: .I loved shooting it though...man them BH's were big and wicked.

11. tedicast

tedicast Member

I started as a gun hunter. I started late in life. My first deer season was 1987. I bought my first bow hunting in 1996.

12. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Started with a .22 rifle at about 8 yrs. old. I was "city born" but spent my summers on a farm. First animal I killed was a Ground Hog. Hunted 'til I went in the military. Took a long time before I was able to feel comfortable in the woods with a rifle and started getting feelings I didn't want. Still love shooting guns and do so often, but only hunt the woods with a bow now.

13. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Started with a .22. I still hunt with both gun and bow.

14. I don't understand what your post has to do with this thread, or is this just your way of seeking attention?

I started out hunting with a rifle and still do, so far I have found no difference in how much I enjoy bow hunting over rifle hunting. I think it has more to do with the fact that I just go to enjoy myself as the priority, and the harvesting what I am after is secondary to me.

15. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I started rabbit and pheasant hunting with a 410 shotgun. My first year deer hunting was with a 20 gauge.

16. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I got started with a old recurve bow my dad got me because he was scared of given me a BB gun for the reason stated above.:wave:

17. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

Got my Grand dads 20 gage pump gun when I was 12 and still have it. Have shot everything from ducks to deer with it. First hunting bow at 22 and my son still has it.