How many Colorado hunters?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by 08DXT, Feb 5, 2008.

1. 08DXT

08DXT New Member

Hey all,
    I'm trying to get my self set up for hunting in Colorado, I've only been in Colorado for about 9 months!
    I know that most folks don't like to give up their favorite huntng spots! but hey its worth a shot?
    Do you have any outfitters that you would recomend?
    Any guided hunts?
    Any Private ranch hunts?
    Any info would be appreciated!

2. 08DXT

08DXT New Member

Hmm!
    No hunters from Colorado?
    You don't have to give up your hunting spots! we could just talk hunting?
    I'm in it for the hunt!

3. when I lived there, I use to hunt up near Alamosa, but thats been almost 20 years ago.

4. 08DXT

08DXT New Member

I've seen a couple of adds in the Alamosa area!
    Hunting can be expensive here, might have to anny up the cash just to play some string music on some big game!

5. LWM

LWM Junior Member

My second home is in Colorado, If you can do some scouting, there is alot of public land. You could start with the wilderness areas. Elk are plentiful.
    Not sure where cascade is.
    Ive never used a guide so cant help there.
    It just takes some determination and boot leather.

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

I have lived here for 6 years and have yet to hunt..... Anyone want to take me????

7. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

lived in colorado all my lfe lots of public land never used an outfitter there is really no need to just find the areas you want to hunt look for public lands in the area scout them and ask some of the land owners if you can hunt and go from there

8. 08DXT

08DXT New Member

Yeah,
    I need to get out and learn the land! I haven't been here long, I'm still trying to figure out the rules and regs.
    Cascade is just north west of Colorado Springs, almost mid state.
    Thanks for the advise!

9. showtime hoyt

showtime hoyt Junior Member

I grew up in woodland park.Always had good luck for deer and turkey around lake george and taryall.I have not been in that area since the haymen fire so who knows if its there?

10. coloradooutdoors1

coloradooutdoors1 New Member

Colorado here

Welcome to Colorado. I have been in the state for about 22 years now and wouldn't live anywhere else. If you are a hunter or fisherman, then this place should make you smile, ALOT....I have been setting up hunts in Colorado for the past 11 years and work with alot of outfitters throughout the state, so if it fully guided or do it yourself style hunts you are looking for, give me a shout. If you are just looking for some great public land to check out, also give me a shout. I hunt on public land every year for elk and have had some excellent success. I believe I have taken 8 elk in the past 15 years, all on public. Some bulls, nothing big, and some cows. I am one that thinks that any elk with my stick and string is worth it. I hunt antelope on the eastern plains on private ground, which just requires you knock on some doors and ask, be polite and respectful and you will find someone that will let you hunt. As for deer, well I wouldn't hunt anywhere but the eastern plains. There are a couple of wildlife areas out there, but your best bet would be to, again, go out and knock on some doors. Any place out there that has some trees and a creek bottom or two, will hold deer and some big bucks to. I just started hunting out there 10 years ago and have taken 6 bucks that will hit P&Y with the biggest scoring 163, and have seen alot bigger ones. Anyways, you can visit my website and contact me through there if you like. Go to www.colorado-adventures.com. Good hunting.