How many states have a one buck rule?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bullfiddle, Oct 4, 2007.

1. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I downed a doe opening day so I have been givin my hunting ground a rest since then. It has been in the 80's here all week. Luckily I know a guy that has a walk-in cooler to keep my deer in for a few days.

The last 2 mornings I have been looking out my kitchen window and seeing a Doe and a fawn going across the yard. Everything is starting to dry up around here because we haven't had much rain in the last month. I am pretty sure they are bedding back in my pasture field.

I went over to where I hunt this evening just to drive by and see what was movin. I saw a Doe and 2 small 6 pointers standing next to the lane going back to the woods. We were within about 35 to 40 yards of them and they just stood there and watched us drive by. I checked the front field and I saw another Doe and a Fawn standing in the bean field. I didn't see any big bucks but saw several deer.

The deer are moving but only about an hour and a half to an hour before sundown.

I know in my area since Indiana started the 1 buck rule I have definately seen an increase in the number of bucks here. Some guys like the 1 buck rule and some don't but I do. There are more than enough does to go around if your looking to put meat in the freezer and it causes alot of guys to pass up the smaller bucks and give em a chance to mature. Tell me if your state also has the one buck rule (if ya don't know what the one buck rule is in Indiana you can only take one antlered buck thru all of the deer seasons). Would you support the one buck rule in your state?:peace:

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

I think most of maine is still 1 buck. Of course it's never around when I'm there.

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Here where i live in Mo...we have 2 turkey and 2 any deer.

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

In PA the only way to get 2 buck is for the 2nd one to be with the car:lol:

We are allowed 2 turkey and have to get tags for doe.

5. TRB

TRB Junior Member

It depends on what part of the state you are in but there are some counties in Texas that have a 1 buck rule. Of course there are also counties in South Texas that are 3 buck counties.

6. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

In Iowa, you can buy a tag that is good for any sex anywhere in the state. Once you put that on a deer, then you can buy additional doe tags to use only in that the county that you buy it in. Some countys have lots of extra doe tags, some have none. You can also buy the extra tags so if you kill a doe in the county that you hunt, you can keep your any sex tag for the monster that you have been watching.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think if you want a second turkey you have to buy a tag don't you?

8. Scablands

Scablands Member

1 buck or doe. Bucks only, 3 pt or better on at least one side, for the first two weeks, then the last half of sept. does are legal also. Some doe permits by drawing for rifle season in some units. Some units don't have the 3 pt. rule for whitetail. You have to choose your weapon Archery, rifle or muzzleloader for each species, deer or elk. For example archery deer tag and rifle elk tag.

9. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

1 buck per hunter in MT

10. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I like the one buck rule here in Indiana.:peace:

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Nope!

Im going on a hunt in OHIO the last week in october.
    They have a 1 buck rule.
    Im in VA and we can take 6:3bucks out of the 6 or all 6 does
    3 turkeys,1bear,5bobcats a day,all the yotes and they will pay $50 bountys
    And Elk the same as deer if ya see one they dont want them in the state.:noidea:

13. presspal111

presspal111 Junior Member

archery in MN. is eather sex but you can buy tags for up to 5 deer total
    5 doe or 4 doe 1 buck :noidea:

14. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

We get two still in Michigan but then again we still have black and white tv in most of the state.

15. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

Ohio has the one buck rule but u can get up to 7 deer total, and it is supposed to change next year to more but no ones know to what yet.

in WV it is different rules in each county.

:peace:

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you can take 3 in La.

17. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

1 liescens 3 buck many does

uot w tn 3 deers a day
    to many deers not enough days
    eat yore heart out Big d

18. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

one buck on a general season tag here in Oregon.