how many.......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Open Limited guys we got on here??

is there anybody that shoots fingers anymore??

how about indoor, anybody shoot fingers for indoor??

Tab or glove or bare???

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I bought a Conquest 2 to set up as a finger bow, but I never have got around to it. I was gonna use a Cavalier tab for target and a glove for hunting.

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I was watching a guy shooting a recurve indoors the other night when I was shooting a score and the arrows looked like they were dolphins. I had never seen arrow flight like that in all my days...:laugh: :laugh: I started out as a finger shooter back in the day but after I was introduced to a release I never looked back. But I have shot with some very good finger shooters over the years...

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

up up up..........

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We had two guys shooting fingers in our indoor league last year. One is not shooting release and I think the other is going to release also.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Thought about going back to fingers last year, but just didn't have the extra $$ to spend on a new rest that would best suit the situation. Paid alot of attention at the shoots and realized that the were very few if anyone shooting fingers anymore. I still have in my mind to set up a bow for fingers, just have to find the extra time.

7. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

Just with my Recurve :biggrin1:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

It really is a lost art. Very few people shoot fingers anymore...

I was considering switching to fingers as a valid excuse for why I suck but I don't think I can afford to replace that many arrows :laugh:

9. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I sat a bow up for fingers and shot a couple touraments this past summer. didnt do to bad. was going to shoot it indoors some untill I hurt my shoulder. guess I'll have to wait for outdoors before I shoot again. it was fun and I enjoyed shooting fingers again.

10. OA3D

OA3D Member

Me Me oh pick me :peace:
    Yes where it matters I will be shooting open limited.

Locals will be fingers and occasionally open where they don't have that.

11. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I shoot fingers with my recurve.:wave:

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

Not competetively. 2 recurves and a longbow now. I use the same "tab" for all. A SAM or super archery mitt. It gives more protection than any tab or glove I've tried yet. I've not tried them all. The nerve on the last joint of my ring finger is toast if I use something I can feel the string with. After having using compounds with releases and sights for the last few years it's an eye opener to go back to a recurve shooting fingers. It's definately easier to shoot a compound/release than a trad bow. I bow to those who can do it well.