How strong are your hunting arrows?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bullspotter, Jan 4, 2007.

1. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

This is a acc 3-39 that i shot into a concreat block at 70 yards, pretty cool, the tip is still in it and went right down the center, I also shot a carbon supream arrow, and it totaly exploded..........

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Frankly I don't know how strong they are---compared to what? I don't hunt concrete blocks so don't practice on them.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've broken one or 2... Gold Tips + basement foundation = MESS

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

At a 3D shoot this past Summer I had an arrow nick a tree branch on the way to the bear target (These guys in Muscatine put targets in the darndest places). Needless to say the arrow never made it to the bear. It blew up into 6 or 7 pieces. I was actually pretty surprised that happened. I thought it would have just deflected off and ended up lost, in a tree, etc... Easton Axis 400, 28", 100g field tip.

It was pretty funny actually. The sound is something I won't forget for a while. I wonder what would have happened if I used an Axis FMJ instead.

Ron

5. eclips3

eclips3 Junior Member

I shoot gold tips and i've buried a couple into some trees and they didn't break. and then again i've had them shatter too. id say they're pretty decent.

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i had some beaman ics hunters and they held up pretty good id ususally lose them before i broke them