How's my Form Bunny?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Sep 2, 2008.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Hey Bunny,

Just wondering how my form is with the Evo +. It feels pretty good, and in my mind everything looks alright, but I wanted to double check with you. You see things I don't understand, so if you don't like something about my form, let me know. If you do like it, I'll just keep practicing and see how good I can get at this baby

[​IMG]

2. hoytultratec

hoytultratec aka SETTHEHOOK

not to bad from the pic ,but i see something funky goin on with your grip.

3. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Yeah, everytime I see my grip in a pic, I grimmise, but I used to connect my pointer finger with my thumb and then stick the other 3 straight out...and everyone on here said that was wrong because by having my 3 fingers pointing out...it tensed up muscles, which could cause shaking...so I know keep them all together and wrapped around the front of the grip, but not touching because that is the least amount of muscle usage I can have in my hand. In order for me to take my fingers and have them touch the grip, I would have to use muscles to pull them into the grip, so I figure the 0 fingers on the grip is the least amount of muscles needed...I don't think it hinders accuracy by not holding the grip..am I correct in this? Many people use a 0 finger grip...don't they?

4. hoytultratec

it looks like you got you hand too deep into the grip tilt your bow elbow out and try to get your hand at a 45 degree angle..really no matter how you grab the grip your hand needs to be relaxed..and if you noticed the EVO goes off much nicer if your body is totally relaxed (i know its not easy) just my finding.

you could always go to the OTHER site there are a ton of hows my form threads wich will help you out.

hook

5. hoytultratec

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=735882&highlight=grip

not sure if this is ok to post here, but it will help you.

6. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Thank you for the reference. Was very helpful. I'll work on that for the next few days...should be an easy fix. Hard to change something you don't know you're doing wrong, but once you find out, it's just stupid not to correct it. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP ULTRA!

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Form looks good.

I use to stick my fingers straight out like that also, otherwise I would grip the bow. Now I let my hands relax and accuracy is better and I am not torqueing so much.

8. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Form looks good.

Just a little info on the Evo + this is an awesome tool for working on your shot sequence and training your mind to relax while aiming. A couple of things that will help by understanding is that when setting your resistance or breaking point on the release you need to maintain 4 and up to 8 lbs over your holding weight ( holding weight is the amount of pounds being held when at full draw)
    If you tend to lighten it up, because it’s working better at the moment so that you’re at 2 lbs over, give or take this will create an inconsistency in being able to duplicate every shot so that they break and feel the same from one to the next. This inconsistency creates a loss in trusting the shot because one will break perfect and the next may be hot and then your apt to get soft and the next you swear your tarrying the bow apart when your really not.
    When you have the Evo set in the 4 and up to 8 lb range above your holding weight this allows you to engage you’re your back and shoulder blade muscles and it eliminates you trying to fire the release by adding pressure or tension with the release arm alone which some folks think they are engaging back tension but it’s really not.
    Also the 3 finger Evo tends to frustrate people getting into this level with the back tension and so forth, the catch here is to maintain a repetitive grip on the release and this means keeping the angle as close to the same as possible it is very easy to have the release angled different from one shot to the next this all falls into play with how tight your gripping the release with ring finger, ( by changing the angle or pitch this changes where the loop sits on the hook which in turns changes the amount of poundage by pull that breaks the sear. You can check this sometime if you have a good scale to measure from. You may be surprised on the difference in poundage with this test. This is one factor that people relate to when one shot seems fine and the next they swear their tearing the bow apart.
    This is why the 4 finger Evo is very popular; there is not a lot of motion to change from one shot to the next while gripping when including the pinky this in turn maintains a very repetitive grip in the release hand when at anchor thus making the majority of the shots feel as if breaking exactly the same.

I hope this helps a little in understanding the Carter Evolution +
    Defiantly a very good release that is depended upon by many archers

9. hoytultratec

JDX...great post, im not sure if i will ever master the evo..i have good days and not so good days but im sticking with it...the one thing i noticed is all forms of my target panic are gone..i can put on hunting release and stack arrow like nothing its been years since i did that..evo is a great tool for helping with TP.

hoyt

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If it cures TP then pass that puppy on over................I'm a mess again. I dropped my bow arm yesterday before the bow ever went off and punched the crap outta my release. Arrow went about 2' right and 2' low.:frusty: :tape: :censored:

I think I'm gonna sell everything archery and go back to gun huntin.

11. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

No,No,No you know better than that... the Season dont last as long with a gun...

Guess what,that arrow dont matter,its in the past...The next ones will be better :peace:

12. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Your right foot needs to come foward about 2 inches :decision:

13. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

you need a coach.

quit letting the target get the best of you

have confidence in your ability

get back in front of that big backstop and start building your confidence