Hoyt Katera

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by 2crew, Jan 18, 2008.

1. 2crew

2crew New Member

Could someone give me any feed back on this bow,since I am a finger shooter,would the Katera XL be a better solution ? Please feel free to mention other makers , I am feeling around to see whats out there and would appreciate any feedback.Thanks.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: to the forum. I don't know anything about that bow, but here's a bump for you......:biggrin1:

:bump:

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I haven't shot fingers for years... I didn't think anyone did that anymore with a compound. :noidea: :biggrin1:

I know I might get beaten for this:
    I always thought that when you shoot with fingers and a compound, you wanted something with a longer A2A and with smooth cams. I would think that the Cams on a Hoyt might be a bit tough to have a smooth draw and maybe difficult to pull back for a finger shooter. I believe Hoyt has a Montega made for finger shooters, but I know nothing more than the properganda on their webpage. :biggrin1:

:welcome:

4. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

Actually the Z3 cam has a very smooth draw curve...I'd be more concerned about the 33" ATA and finger pinch. I think you'd be better served with the XL. What is the bows application? hunting, target?