Hoyt Sts Problem...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Nov 27, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Just wanted to post this up here just incase any of you with HOYTS start having this happen. I was shooting my bow today, and about every other shot, the string ACTUALLY MISSED the whole STS...and I was getting pretty upset. After about 30 minutes of this, I had the shop look at it and he said he'd never seen anything like that before.

He called HOYT up and spoke with them for about 3 minutes. After he hung up, he put the bow in the bowpress, removed the string, twisted it once at every mount to increase tension on the string, and then gave it to me.

PROBLEM FIXED! Hoyt said that after using the bow for a couple months, the string will stretch, making the string oscilate while it is released...causing it to miss the STS. The solution is to twist the string once in ever location, tightening up the string again. It should only need to be done once after initial stretching.

THANKS TO SOUTHERN ARCHERY IN MANKATO, and HOYT for solving the issue in minutes!

HOYT ROCKS! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I think this would be the case with any string that will stretch and with any bow. Not just hoyt. But, good to bring this up.

3. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

You are correct...I should change the name of the post to STS problem...Thought people would like to know how to fix the problem rather than getting frusterated for 30 minutes like me! :doh: