Hunting boar and sheep

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I am looking to take my son on a bow hunt for these animals. I live by Pittsburgh PA and am willing to travel up to 6-8 hours. I am looking for a good preserve to do this at, anyone have any ideas of a good place to go.
    We are looking for a place that has a lodge to stay in also.

2. boar & sheep

The best place I know of is White Oak Exotic Hunting Preserve in Senecaville, OH. They have a very nice lodge that you can stay at and Sherri is one of the best cooks anywhere. I have personnaly killed 5 hogs, 3 Barbarosa Rams, ( 1 made the gold record book), 1 Corsican Ram( Made gold record book), and 1 Mouflon Ram. All these were killed with a bow. They have a very capable guide staff. You can hunt either by stalking(my preferred way), on stand, or tree stand. Their telephone # 740 685 6063. You can look them up on the internet @ White Oak Exotic Hunting Preserve.com. You can also call me @ 814 425 7782. I am more than willing to answer any questions you might have. Be sure to see their video.

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,Lungcutter!

You done opened a can of worms!
    There are tons of great preserves out there.
    I went to Cumberland Mountain and got my pig about 8 years ago,around 300pounds.
    I got ready to go to Tioga Game preserve in Tioga P.A. heard its a great place and not far from you.
    Just check out the web. put in Wild boar hunts and tons will pop up.
    Alot more now than when i went back then.:biggrin1:

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I am looking into tioga. Are you going in the near future? I have heard alot of good things about them.

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Thanks for the info. This is one of the best web pages that I have seen for a hunting preserve. I will be giving you a call soon.:peace:

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,LC!

If i were i would go back to Cumberland Mountain, tha hogs are bigger there.
    Maybe try Tioga not in the near future.
    Im into getting a Big buck now going to Brush Creek in Ohio,Adams county on the 28th of Oct. for a 1 week bowhunt, If your intrested Contact me going alone and theres room for 3 more.
    Next year Im Planing on going to Oxebowlodge in Maine for a black bear.
    Ive Desided to take a trip bowhuntin every year from now on,if i can afford it.:biggrin1:
    This Hog was at Cumberland Mountain Outfitters
    We didnt get a live weight but later dressed out at 285lbs.
    The guide sayed it probably went around, 325lbs.
    That was the last hunt i went on it was 8 years ago.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Nice hog. I bet it was good eatin. I wish I could go on a deer hunt this year but it just cant happen. I had a good time huntin bear in Maine and I got a nice bear with a bow(first bow kill).

We should try to get a few guys together and get a group rate at someplace, it might be fun.

I hope you kill a big buck, just not bigger than mine:laugh: :D :laugh: