hurricanes headed our way

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

2. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I be a watchin pretty close from the oil rig in Mexico. I got all my family just north of New Orleans.

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

did ya'll get much rain from the last one. I tell you, we still got roads that are flooded or inches from being flooded again. Highest I've ever seen every lake, and if we get 3-4 inches in bands from this beast we might as well shut down the city. I just hope the western half of the gulf doesn't get too bad with the winds. At least the cane is moving pretty quick-it should blow through instead of lingering in once place forever. If NOLA goes under again, I vote to not rebuild it. Imagine the redfishing to be had hiding in allthose sunken houses:laugh:

4. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I did not vote for N.O. being rebuilt after Katrina. I just don't want to go though that again. That was too sad to see all those people who lost everything. Don't get me wrong, I felt nothing for those who stayed in N.O. to rape, loot and terrorize the city.

I was headed to N.O with my boat to help in the rescue efforts untill they told me that I could not shoot back. I stayed home and helped the people that wanted help.

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

It could be a problem, hopefully people will leave in time.

6. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Fox News putting in the scare factor this morning by predicting $5.00 gas.

7. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Get ready for gas prices to go up a good bit. That will happen. The Gulf will be shut in by tonight. The Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP) will be shut down also. The U.S. get 20% of its imported oil through the LOOP. The U.S. get 20% of its oil from the rigs in the Gulf. You could be looking at a possible 40% decrease in oil coming into the U.S. over the next few days.

Not trying to scare anyone, but I have spent the last 17 years working in the offshore oil industry and 12 years of that in the Gulf of Mexico drilling and getting evacuated for storms. The best that we can hope for is not too much damage to the drilling rigs and production platforms. HOPE. There is nothing that the oil companies can do about damage from weather. Hurricanes never do the same thing twice. I have seen rigs survive a Cat 4 storm and then be destroyed by a Cat 2 storm.

We don't want to see this
    Drilling rig after Ivan 1st pic
    Second is deepwater production / drilling rig.

8. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Keep those people in your prayers. When Gustav hits, lives will be lost and lives will be shattered. It does not matter where on the Gulf coast it hits.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yep just checked and it is at 150mph
    and a lot of water yet
    My prayers are for it to go east or west