Hydraulic Release

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

I'm a new member, but have been around the sport for years. Anyone know anything about the hydraulic type releases?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

One of my customers has one of these. It's a blast to watch people try to shoot it. I spent an hour or so playing with it. It really teaches you to aim.

3. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Hey Chris, I think I spoke with you yesterday about a spot hog sight. Got away from 3D for several years and just getting started bak up. Picked up a Tru ball BT release, but having trouble getting it to fire consistantly. Sometimes it doesn't take much and other times i run out of breath and have to let it down. I've got arrows buried all over the hillside behind my house. When it does work right, I'm getting 1-2" groups at 50 yds Ordered one of the hydraulic releases and we'll see what happens

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

never even heard of them? Anyone got a link

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If your having trouble getting it to go off there could be a couple of things. One your draw is a little too long, two..you have too much tension in your hand, three.. you didn't spend enough time blank bale shooting to get it subconscious.

6. BryanG

BryanG Junior Member

SCAT Release

I think what you are looking for is the SCAT release. I have a buddy who owns one and I have shot it a bit. It will scare the crap out of you at first but once you get use to it you can hold a killer group. Here is a link to their website. www.scatrelease.com Hope this helps.

7. BrianH

BrianH Junior Member

Hydraulic Releases

Hi, If anybody is interested in a hydraulic scat release, I have one
    for sale in the classified section. It's like new. You'll save alot of $$
    compared to the price of a new one.