I got great news in the U.P.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by freeds_01, Aug 5, 2008.

1. freeds_01

freeds_01 New Member

This past weekend a friend and I went and talked to an older gentleman about hunting his 160 acres. We had heard he quit hunting now and leaves for florida in october and returns in may. We talked for an hour with him and finally he says, you guys seem to be very responsible and commented on how great it is that there is an online club, ( I mentioned being on this site), and says yes and come back so he can give us a tour of the land and show us where the best spots are. Talk about an early birthday gift.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Wow! that is awesome :rockon:

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

That's great......I guess I'm lucky "depending on how you look at it" to have property to of my own........even if it is another payment......

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

thats cool. i hope it pays off for you guys!

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Go get them. :thumb:

6. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Remember to send him Christmas cards and a small token of appreciation. If possible even offer him money to lease the property as a goodwill gesture. I know he said you can hunt it but someone may try to lease it out from under you if there is no lease in place, this happens all the time in Michigan.

7. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

That is a great gift, being from Michigan (Oakland County) as well I know that it is hard to find nice spots, let alone get permission from a land owner. Congratulations!

Finding land like that is one of my future goals after finishing college and getting a J.O.B!

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

welcome to the club! :lol: