I have a Matthews Q2 XL

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheels, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Wheels

Wheels Junior Member

I have had a WC string on it for atleast 3 years. I am wondering if I need to think about changing it out. I am going hunting this march hopefully. I haven't shot consistantly over the three year but it has been shot quit a lot.

If so why are the reasons I should look at changing it out?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think 2 years is about the outer limits on string life and I have one that is getting there....(my Switchback)

I have been shooting mine consistantly....

by the way I probably dont wax my string as much as I should....but see no adverse affects.....

3. Frank

Frank Member

Wheels,
    In my opinion its time to replace that string. I change strings on my bows about every 2yrs or so, sooner if I shoot and hunt alot. Even if you have not shot the bow alot the elements still have an effect on the material of the string(thats my thinking:doh: ). I try to wax string after shooting this will protect it. Keeps the fibers of the string together plus lubricates the binding material, from time to time I will also wax serving as neeeded.:peace:

4. danceswithdingoes

danceswithdingoes Junior Member

I have two 2003 Q2Xl's, they still have their original strings and cannot see any reason to change them as they look fine. Both are shot regularly :rockon: