If you could choose any 08 Bowtech which one and why?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mdewitt71, Nov 26, 2007.

1. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Bowtech does great things for Soldiers. :usa:
    I don't have to say it, many see it; and with the support and awesome service I have received from them in the past years, I am on my way to purchasing an 08 and having it sent to me here in Iraq. :peace:

I have owned a few of them with a Tribute and Allegaince being the last ones I have had under my roof.
    I am thinking Guardian, General, or an 82nd Airborne.
    OK, for me without shooting any one of them..................

Which one would you choose and why?

2. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I would say either the guardian or possibly the 101st airborne. I have an 07 guardian and absolutely love it. They tweaked the 08 just a bit. The guardian has a great brace height 7 1/8", is pretty quick and very very smooth and quiet.

The 101st looks great too. Has a good brace height and should be very quick. I like the looks of the general but I dont like a bow with that much brace height (over 7 1/2") but that is just me.

The guardian did win several of the bow shootouts this year too.

Take care over there Mike! Thanks for all you do for our country! :thumb:

rick

3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Already have an 07 Guardian, and absolutly love shooting the bow. I ordered the A82 for a 3D bow. Still waiting.....

4. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I think my '07 Guardian is great. I prefer the shorter ATA on the Guardian (33 3/4) as opposed to the 82nd's (36 1/2) as I use it for hunting mainly. I also prefer the 7 1/8 brace of the Guardian over the 6 1/8 brace of the 82nd. The difference in speed is not that big of a deal to me. I don't know about anyone else, but I like the feeling of their new "Invelvet" coating on their bows and can see where it might quiet down an already extremely quiet Bow. Hope it holds up.

Keep your head down Proud of you guys and my prayers are always with all of you.:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

5. I'll vote for the General.....I shot one at the local pro shop and liked it better than my Guardian for sure....I also like the smaller size.

Either one - you really can not go wrong!

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Haven't shot the General yet but I do like the Guardian. Only wish that I was in the position that I had to decide which one to get. It would definetly be between the two. The only difference is the ATA's and Brace.

7. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I have not yet shot any of the 08 Bowtech's, so I reserve the right to change my mind!!!:rockon:

8. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Hopefully i'll be picking up a new General this weekend myself. This is by far the smoothest and quietest bow that i have ever shot and i prefer a shorter bow. :peace:

9. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

How does a General and a Guardian draw feel like compared to say an Allegiance or Tribute cam......is it more stiffer of a pull than speed mods on the older binary....how about the valley of these new bows?? :noidea:

I have been told by a friend that works at Bowtech, he thought the Airbornes were a lil easier in the draw than the Guardian or the General. I have heard the last part of the general draw can be a lil stiff too.

I don't like the feel of a cam wanting to come forward, I like letoff and a lil valley....Smooth mods in the 06 and 07s was the way I went. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  10. thehairlessone!

I havent shot the general so I cant comment on it yet. I think the guardian draws very nice. I have seen alot of people say it draws hard but I really dont think it draws any harder than most other bows. Last year I had a tribute with the smooth mods too. I think they are about the same.

I like the wall alot on it too. I dont want to creep at all with it which was one of the things I like best about it.

From what I have seen the guardian is the perfect blend of speed, brace height and axle to axle length but i havent shot the 2008's yet. I may run down there now that rifle season is about to open up.

rick

11. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Rick,
    If you go to Smoky Valley, tell Jess and Brandon I said hello. :peace:

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Tough choice Mike! but you really can't make a bad one. I have both the Guardian and General and I have not had the General long enough to make a choice between the 2. I will say the Guardian has had the starting roll this year in the Tree stand, and it is just plain Fun to shoot. What I have shot the General it has impressed me:biggrin1: I'm waiting on my Airborne 82 and hopefully it will arrive soon. I am sure it will be a different bow than the center pivot bows, but it undoubtedly is going to produce some awesome speeds and knock down KE:cool:

Mike Stay Safe!! and get back home when you can. Kansas needs another Bowhunter:peace:

Dan

13. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Sorry Cameron only females have the right to do that. The males just say oops I made a mistake, I like the other one better. It makes the females feel better when you admit you may of been wrong.

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Very good point. I will change my answer to IDUNNOYET:noidea:

15. thehairlessone!

Mike,
    will do. Knowing me I will be there next week out of curiousity.

rick

16. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Saw a General at the shop the other day.
    Manager said it is very smooth, but not as fast.
    Still waiting to see the new models.

17. fusion3

fusion3 Junior Member

of all the 2008's my first choice is the Elite synergy xtreme. then for bowtech i would choose the general, and it is a dead tie with the diamond marquis

I like the fact that the general is by FAR teh quietest and most "shock" free bow i have ever shot. the marquis because it is extreamly solid. holds like a rock.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  18. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Well Elite just got scratched off my list for anything, seems they are not gonna make any GTOs in LH and I went thru this crap with em last year, finally got my Synergy in Aug. :frusty:

No more with them:censored:.
    Like I posted on thier forum, they just lost my "combat pay purchase" for a speed rig. :cool: